PDA

View Full Version : Injector sprays constantly

SRpetey
01-09-2011, 05:05 PM
When i turn the ingnition to ON the #2 injector in my SR20det sprays the fuel constantly and floods the cylinder. if i unplug it doesnt happen. Does this mean my ECU is bad and is always sending a signal to injector #2

anton1o
01-09-2011, 06:11 PM
I wouldnt jump to that conclusion but have you tried any form of trouble shooting?

Moving the injector to a different spot for instance?

importdude
01-09-2011, 06:17 PM
injector is stuck open
replace

ecu only primes rail no fuel should come out of injectors until u crank/start

SRpetey
01-09-2011, 08:22 PM
I wouldnt jump to that conclusion but have you tried any form of trouble shooting?

Moving the injector to a different spot for instance?

injector is stuck open
replace

ecu only primes rail no fuel should come out of injectors until u crank/start

okey i did some trouble shooting. I swaped injectors from another cylinder and same problem. So the injectors are fine. The wiring is okey too.

The yellow/black wire that signals the #2 injector is being grounded at all times by the ECU. Even when the ignition is on off. I even used the plug from injector two and plug it to #3(the car was off n the rail was off) and it does the same thing.

Does this mean that i have to replace my ECU or is there a Fix for this problem

importdude
01-09-2011, 10:01 PM
test it
fsm

240sxrb25
01-09-2011, 10:03 PM
you have some sort of fueling issue

SRpetey
01-10-2011, 12:45 PM
No its the ECU

jspaeth
01-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Check the ground signal wire from that injector clip for continuity with the chassis to see if the wire itself is grounding out on the chassis. If not, then something internal to the ECU is causing the problem most likely....

nismoman
01-10-2011, 02:20 PM
What he said ^^^ don't throw away the ecu just yet!

SRpetey
01-10-2011, 04:20 PM
Check the ground signal wire from that injector clip for continuity with the chassis to see if the wire itself is grounding out on the chassis. If not, then something internal to the ECU is causing the problem most likely....

What he said ^^^ don't throw away the ecu just yet!

Yeah thats what I did. I unplugged the ecu hardness and the injector at the plug. Then I checked the injector plug and its not grounded. It's only grounded when I plug back the ecu.