PDA

View Full Version : water line ports

jubee
01-09-2011, 03:50 PM
I am redoing my water lines and i wanted to know can i just cap off the water port thats on the block, and just tap into my water neck.

jspaeth
01-09-2011, 03:55 PM
I am redoing my water lines and i wanted to know can i just cap off the water port thats on the block, and just tap into my water neck.

Yes you can....many people do this....I'm assuming you are talking SR...

The S14 water neck is easier to use....same flange as the S13 one.....many of us source an S14 water neck and do this.

Make sure you use something good to cap off the water line coming from the back of the block....it's a pain in the neck to get back there!

jubee
01-09-2011, 05:32 PM
No no I mean the one that is under the exhaust manifold. So basically I would use the s14sr water neck as a feed and the port behind the block would be the return. Or can I do it like that?

japslapsilvia
01-10-2011, 07:34 AM
No no I mean the one that is under the exhaust manifold. So basically I would use the s14sr water neck as a feed and the port behind the block would be the return. Or can I do it like that?

no that will NOT work, the line behind the head is a return. The s-14 water neck is also a return.

port in block is the feed line.

jubee
01-10-2011, 08:06 AM
Ohh ok thank you I just wanted to make sure

jspaeth
01-10-2011, 08:44 AM
no that will NOT work, the line behind the head is a return. The s-14 water neck is also a return.

port in block is the feed line.

Thanks for clarifying this....I knew this, but didn't interpret his question correctly...