PDA

View Full Version : Turn signal problem please help

MyFirst240SX
09-10-2003, 12:31 AM
My car has devopled a new issue. My turn signals don't work front or back. When i use the knob to make them come on it makes no sound. I crushed my right fender a little bit and killed that little side light. I took the exploded light bulb out and checked the fuse inside the drivers side kick panel(and it wasn't blown) and still doesn't work.
any ideas

I also have only 1 high beam but thats been there for a while now. Even after i changed out both headlights.

please give me some advice guess
thanks in advance.
sean.

MyFirst240SX
09-10-2003, 11:44 AM
SRY to bump but i need help

Humungo
09-10-2003, 01:24 PM
I don't know a whole lot about this issue, but have had some problems with turn signals recently. My blinker cover was broken, and dust built up on the connectors for the bulbs, so mabye just take a look at that, if there's gunk in one socket, it could make the rest of the lights freak out too. Hope it helps!

old_s13
09-11-2003, 01:56 AM
your flashing unit is not operating.

hondaguy
09-11-2003, 12:26 PM
fuse in kick panel??i thought the fuse box was under the hood, oh well are you sure its not the fuse i think the number is 15a in the fuse box,cuz my lights wouldnt work either,but it also could be your wiring harness,hmmm i gotta think about that one.:confused:

MyFirst240SX
09-11-2003, 08:08 PM
where is the flashing unit fuse at?

thx247
09-12-2003, 01:49 AM
I would guess due the crappy way the 240 was wired- I think your problem may be the actual switch box (its the same part as the turn signal arm) If you pull the plastic off your steering column you will see a box connected to the turn signal arm. That box houses a set of mechanical switches. When those switches get old and make poor contact, resistance goes up and you eventually dont have enough volts to turn the lights on.

If you want, check to see if you get any voltage (using a voltmeter) on your turn signal lights, or your headlight. If you get anything less than 12 volts thats probably the problem. You can get this part from yards OR the dealership.

MyFirst240SX
09-12-2003, 02:52 PM
Alrigty guys yup im a moron. Turns out bc my flasher light button wasn't pluged in, i guess the connection to the blinkr maker was open. There for i plug button in, it worked, im a moron

on a side note anyone got anyclue about me only having 1 high beam?

thx247
09-12-2003, 09:25 PM
Highbeam check voltage at the light thats not working.

Then check voltage for pair wires at the plug that plugs into the thing I spoke of earlier on your steering wheel. The large flat copper plugs should all be carrying 12 volts across each pair. If they are, you need to replace that part I spoke of earlier. The turn signal arm thingy mo bob