PDA

View Full Version : Issues with the ka-t

sodel_s13
01-08-2011, 06:34 AM
Its a 91 ka24de, forged internals, 9.0-1 comp, ported and polished head, t25, 370's, rs-enthapy tune etc.

So the motor has been in the car for a few days now. Fixed the timing issue, ever since its been running a lot better when we first started her. Installed new plugs and mixed that water remover stuff in my gas tank. The issue now is car will not hold too good idle, i can rev up but i wont hold idle. Since the fuel lines were not properly sealed off, my guess is that there is water/moisture in the gas tank. Because when i run her in gear it would randomly bog down at constant rpm. So im guessing thats when some water gets picked up and sprayed into the cylinders. And another weird thing is that car will not start back up if i shut her off after its been running for a while. I pull the plugs out but all of them are dry. Wtf?

I removed the fuel rail to inspect the o rings and found out that 2 of the lower ones were busted, so i installed all new ones on all 4 injectors. I haven't installed the rail back on but i hope that that will solve some of my problems.

I need some advice on what to look for. Thanks!

Srcoupe91
01-08-2011, 07:16 AM
vac leak some were ?

sodel_s13
01-08-2011, 07:31 PM
but woldn't that cause it to idle high? the opposite of what my motor does.