PDA

View Full Version : BOV / Recirc Valve

rednerd
09-09-2003, 06:03 PM
Right now I have a GReddy FMIC and an HKS BOV. As expected the BOV causes a wicked off throttle rich condition. If i blip the throttle at idle I can hear a slight pop throught the exhaust and the inside of the tail pipes are really black. I'm afraid if I keep running the BOV I'm going to melt down my cat.

HKS offers a bypass valve kit to route my BOV output back into the intake (after the maf / before the turbo). Wouldn't plumbing the air back into the intake cause an off throttle lean condition?

I realize the air has already been metered, but still that air is hitting the manifold a second or two late

Thanks - jon.

kkw4p
09-09-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by rednerd
I realize the air has already been metered, but still that air is hitting the manifold a second or two late

Thanks - jon.

Good question.. I don't think that's a problem, but I don't know why. Better metered and late than not metered I guess.

Negreac
09-10-2003, 07:31 AM
Rerouting the air back to the inatke tract is highly reccomended. This is how the stock DV works and will solve your rich condition issues. The other option is compensating for the BOV purge through a piggyback system or a tuned ecu.