PDA

View Full Version : Having an idle problem and running rich.

Wbarnes13
01-05-2011, 04:11 PM
I have a 1995 240sx with a ka24de the motor isn't the original motor it's used with about 81,000 miles on it the motor runs really rich you can smell the gas when coming to a stop light it also idles really rough sometimes after running for a little bit it only for it intermittent sometimes worse than others if you turn the ac on the idle stops I've checked the MAF the IAT the TPS power to each one the crank sensor as well I'm throwing 4 codes one for the crank sensor one for the TPS and I can't remember the other code I tried to plug it back up to a scanner and now it says no codes stored but still hasa check engine light I don't get it at all any help would be awesome thanks.

Wbarnes13
01-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Guess no one here as any clue what could be causing something like this?

coup-emonster
01-07-2011, 02:59 PM
do you have an after market fuel pump? sometimes what happens is that you think your running rich because your not getting the same amount of fuel/air mixture..in this case your getting more fuel than you are air..this causes you to smell fuel because it is not fully burned and is leaving your engine prematurely in a sense...this is caused through various reasons but one thing is for sure, your engine is not getting enough air (oxygen) and the factor in charge of this is your maf..so i would start there..if not that then its going to probably be your ecu..but lets hope thats not the case...again dont hold me to this..its just my suggestion and how id go about this problem..all in all good luck bro and i hope this was of help.

Wbarnes13
01-07-2011, 04:12 PM
I have changed the MAF that's the first thing I've did I've been told my 3 people now the only thing left is a bad ECU so I guess I'm changing that.

jdm213
01-07-2011, 05:09 PM
I have changed the MAF that's the first thing I've did I've been told my 3 people now the only thing left is a bad ECU so I guess I'm changing that.

check ur injectors and th o rings on them

Wbarnes13
01-07-2011, 07:57 PM
I thought it could be something with the injectors as well but before my last engine blew it was running the same way and when I replaced it I replaced the injectors as well and it's still idling rough and running rich. So I'm thinking it has to be the ECU or possibly the MAF still because I just bought a used one of craigslist so there's no telling if that one worked either is there anyway to judge is a MAF and ECU is bad?

Wbarnes13
01-14-2011, 08:30 AM
Problem still there any other solutions?

97nismo
01-14-2011, 10:04 AM
I think the ka naturally runs a little rich once its gets some mileage out of it, at least mine still does in my truck's ka24de
check the TPS and the IACV especially if its wants to die on you at redlights/stopsigns

Davidna2fi
01-15-2011, 07:11 PM
Double check all your intake plumbing pipes, and also any vacuum hoses from the PCV valve and breather setup. Any small intake leak causes issues on a MAF system. FIND THE LEAKS!!!!