PDA

View Full Version : z32 caliper leaking

silvia lover
09-08-2003, 03:46 PM
just wondering will the z32 brake caliper rebuilt kit fix it if i have a leak from the pistons seal? because one of my z32 caliper leaks so bad from the piston ring and the rubber seal (searched it but nothing helpful showed up). hope anyone help me, my car had been sitting in garage for days.:(

MadChild
09-08-2003, 05:50 PM
I think it should, because thats why shop take your use caliber back and rebuilt. So I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem to fix your leak, or you can spend 141.99 at autozone for a pair of fully loaded rebuilt calipers.

Bill Roberts
09-08-2003, 05:55 PM
Good advice!

silvia lover
09-08-2003, 06:17 PM
true, but that's where i got the calipers at. I don't know why but it leaks :bash: when it suppose to be rebuilt. but thanks

THX1138
09-08-2003, 09:37 PM
If you got the calipers at AutoZone or some other auto parts store, they probably have some kind of warranty, and I dare say a leaking piston seal would be a "defect in materials or workmanship." Go back to the shop, tell them what's up, and see what they'll do for you. If you've lost the receipt or if the warranty period is up, you can get a rebuild kit from a dealer or parts store for around $20-25.

MadChild
09-08-2003, 10:44 PM
I believe they have a one year warranty on them, Hey man good luck. I got my from autozone for about a month now, and im trouble free:aw:

old_s13
09-09-2003, 09:54 AM
if the inside bore or piston is scratched/grooved, there will be a leak.. regardless of how new the seal is. Usually, when rebuilding calipers they would resurface stuff like that.. I do when I work on calipers for my own vehicle.

Either that, or maybe a seal is just bad or not installed right. Regardless, take it back.