PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Pedal Problems (I've Used Search)

fcknslo
01-02-2011, 08:41 PM
And here is where the problem unfolds.
I finally got my ka to run and it feels great. but for some reason the clutch pedal does not have an pressure on it.
I've searched and have found many things to be possible. I have removed that stupid dampening box and lines and I have the master cylinder going straight to the slave cylinder. I have fluid in the master cylinder and the fluid goes straight to the slave cylinder. I have tried bleeding it and still no pressure in it. it seems as if the slave cylinder does not push the fork enough to engage it or disengage it. One big question of mine is with the clutch fork, which way is it supposed to go? its hard to explain but I can push the fork towards the slave cylinder and hear a click, but isn't the slave cylinder suposed to push it forward? I'm just worried that I have something mixed up in the transmission that is causing it not to engage because fluid goes to the slave cylinder and in the boot of the slave cylinder it just builds up in the rubber boot and ends up leaking and not pushing the clutch fork. I'm just lost because even if it does not push the clutch fork, shouldn't I be able to at least feel pressure in the pedal? and what could possible be the reason why the slave cylinder does not have enough pressure to push the fork?
Is there any way to test to see if the fork is suppose to go foward? or any way to test to see if the master or slave cylinder are going bad?
I've done search and i think the master and slave are ok because they deliver and push fluid through the system.
Any questions or ideas are greatly appreciate.
Thank you for your time in reading this.

fcknslo
01-02-2011, 10:22 PM
Bump.......

pacotaco345
01-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Just get a new slave cylinder.. I'm 99.99999% positive and I'm sure the rest of zilvia is too, and they're only like 20 bucks.. Changing them is a breeze too.

nismoracingsx
01-02-2011, 11:09 PM
It almost sounds like you got a new slave that came without the metal pin and you forgot to swap over the old one...if you operate the slave without the pin pushing on the fork then the cylinder will over extend and oil will fill the boot...just throwing somethin' out there for ya.

ps. we all get bad slave cylinders either way. I had one that wouldn't quit leaking at the line connection port...

fcknslo
01-02-2011, 11:30 PM
You guys are great. Thank you so much. I know that when I seen it, it had a spring, a little tube and of course the pin. that was all that was in there.
I'll get another slave bright and early in the am.
I will keep you guys updated. as for the help, you guys are amazing.

fcknslo
01-02-2011, 11:34 PM
so technically the boot is not supposed to have fluid in it? because mine would expand and then leak out

fcknslo
01-03-2011, 07:25 AM
bump........

nismoman
01-03-2011, 07:39 AM
If the boot has fluid in it... It's broke.