PDA

View Full Version : Are these 550cc injectors?

hdz123
01-01-2011, 07:19 PM
looking to get these, just want to make sure theyre deatschwerks 550cc injectors, for ka24de. thanks
http://i53.tinypic.com/25pr71i.jpg

codyace
01-01-2011, 10:13 PM
why not email DW themselves to find out? Hard to tell with redrilled ones what they could ever really be.

hdz123
01-01-2011, 11:21 PM
thanks just emailed them, need an answer asap though, so any help will be appreciated

codyace
01-02-2011, 08:56 AM
thanks just emailed them, need an answer asap though, so any help will be appreciated

As above, they are redrilled injectors so it's hard to guess what the 'base' injector sometimes is...

steve shadows
01-03-2011, 12:46 AM
DW takes all kinds of random Denso side-feed used injectors and rebuilds them to flow xyz and usually have no bearing on what the original was.

These are not the standard nismo/denso color for 555 / 550 cc injectors, usually they are bright yellow, or mustard yellow. Also lag times will be from whatever the original injector body is not what a brand new manufactured from factory 550 Denso will be in many cases. It's a crude way to increase flow rate.

I suggest buying side feed high impedence as much as possible for Tuned Rom or more basic setups. You almost never need to go to a huge side feed injector unless you are pushing more than 600-700 hp, however I alwasy see people buying these right off the back to save 50-100 bucks off the cost of an injector set, then they end up running the wrong in-line resistors or none at all and can never seem to get the car to run right. Its not rocket science but if you're looking to make life easier try to stick to new Denso or Nissan/Nismo equipment as much as possible for electronics and injectors/fuel system/ Even the denso fuel pump is a better bet, walbros crap out easily if the installer is not careful and knows what they are doing.

I doubt DW would know, not sure if they track each rebuild set with any sort of pressed in or tracked number on the injector body, I would ask the previous owner etc, or you can send them back to DW and see if they will test the flow rates for you. The body iteslf is not standard Denso/Nismo color for 5XX cc injectors though

lok
01-03-2011, 05:29 AM
nissan side feeds are JECS not denso.

DeatschWerks
01-03-2011, 03:46 PM
I don't think they are ours. Ours have typically been red and purple.

We could definitely flow and service them for you, though.

hdz123
01-03-2011, 06:39 PM
yeah thats what i thought, thanks for the help guys, mods close this thread