PDA

View Full Version : Sparco Sienas won't fit right in my S13 PLEASE HLEP

All_Black_240
12-21-2010, 11:14 PM
I just bought a set of Sparco Siena seats for my 240sx S13 with the Sparco sliders and brackets but they are to high. I'm 6'1" and when I sit in them my knees touch the steering wheel and all the buttons around it. I was considering just making custom brackets, but the brackets that came with the seats set against the "bump" in the floor. So I don't know how to make the seats any lower other than removing the sliders, but I would like to keep them. Does anyone have any tips on how I could lower my seats? I really don't want to get rid of the seats because I really like them, but if I can't get them any lower I think I might have to get rid of them. I would really appreciate any help or ideas.

Tantwoforty
12-21-2010, 11:26 PM
look for a lower set of rails..
the buddly club ones sit pretty low if you have sidemount seats
but they slide kinda crappy..
regardless look into lower rails :)

REVOisGO
12-21-2010, 11:28 PM
lol, i would ditch the sliders before i ditched the seats. i got a sparco sprint bolted to the floor. think about it, when do you really NEED sliders. you dont. make custom brackets to get the seats low.

All_Black_240
12-21-2010, 11:34 PM
I don't know how I could make the bracket any lower though. The brackets I have now rest against part of the floor that bumps up. I think the bump is some kind of cross member under the for structural integrity, so I don't want to cut into it. Any other tips/ideas?

Team DET
12-21-2010, 11:43 PM
I don't know how I could make the bracket any lower though. The brackets I have now rest against part of the floor that bumps up. I think the bump is some kind of cross member under the for structural integrity, so I don't want to cut into it. Any other tips/ideas?

try this http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/284882-ultimate-s13-seat-fitment-guide.html

All_Black_240
12-22-2010, 01:52 AM
Thanks for the link, I think I will just cut out the hump for the cat and move the bolt that sets on it a bit further up and weld a plate under it for reinforcement. That should give me an inch or two and hopefully thats all I will need. I appreciate the help!

s14unimog
12-22-2010, 07:20 AM
check out Wedge Engineering if these are bottom mount... they make some really nice, low seat rails and offer sliders. I have one under my passenger Sparco Torino in my S14 and its really nice how low it sits.

coup-emonster
12-28-2010, 12:48 PM
yeah haha i ditched my sliders bro haha..you dont really need them, have the people who get in the back of your car go in through the passenger side haha

NiSilS14
12-28-2010, 12:58 PM
I would honestly go with what these guys are saying since it's a bottom mount seat. take out the hump or the sliders. You could maybe try using the stock rails, I dunno what kinda results that would get you tho.

Irresistible
12-28-2010, 09:06 PM
lol, i would ditch the sliders before i ditched the seats. i got a sparco sprint bolted to the floor. think about it, when do you really NEED sliders. you dont. make custom brackets to get the seats low.

Lemme know where I can get a decent set of brackets made for cheap for my side mount seat and I may look into them...

Sorry for the thread jack, but yeah, just look for lower rails.

nathanong87
12-29-2010, 07:58 AM
sparco and buddy club rails are high.

get if u can use bride with some sparco seat adapter, go bride.