PDA

View Full Version : s13 sr20det overheating issues ..help please

sebastianwrx
12-20-2010, 11:59 PM
i ran another problems again after i solved those 2 problems that i had recently ..ok this time is the temperature....before the temp was fine but today i installed the blitz boost controller and it starting doin that problems ..the temp was high only when i idle...idle was fine below 1k and the thermostat was new...what could that be ..please help thanks ..i searched many times but nothing come up similar to my problems

Fortitude
12-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Heater hoses aint lwaking are they?

Sileighty_85
12-21-2010, 09:07 AM
what brand thermostat did you use?

If its autozone, pull that shit out and throw it away and buy a real OEM one.

What kinda fans are you using? E-Fans or Clutch?

also check for obstructions infront of your radiator.

sebastianwrx
12-21-2010, 10:32 AM
its a nismo one ...and now for some reason the temp was jumping around to hot average all the time even when iam driving

sebastianwrx
12-21-2010, 11:23 AM
ok as for now is getting really weird ...i changed my blitz rad cap back to stock and refill the coolent while the motor was running and i havent see any bubble so i knw is not the head gasket ..and i drove for like 15 min occasionally slow and fast and the temp was allright ..so wht could that be ??..the air that trap inside the radiator or my blitz cap ..sorry guys iam new to this motor

rc1honda
12-21-2010, 06:42 PM
Sounds like you had air bubbles in the system. Try jacking the front end with the rad cap off and topping off the coolant and let the motor run to temp. Should help get the bubbles out.

Could of been the rad cap, but u let it run with it off and i think it helped bleed the system a little. Could of been when you changed the thremo and got air in the system.

sebastianwrx
12-21-2010, 11:05 PM
yea after i changed the rad cap to stock it seems the temp was normal again