PDA

View Full Version : S-afc

nismo151
09-05-2003, 12:58 AM
Do afc's work on the single cam KA's?? I know it sounds kinda dumb but i got a deal on one and dont want to wait for the SR. if so, does anyone know where to find the wiring diagram?

s13silady
09-06-2003, 05:55 AM
is your SOHC turbo? if not, i heard some people saying it would be pointless to have one and might even make your current performance work...

Armysweitzer
09-06-2003, 06:08 AM
Yes it will work, my friend has one and it measure throttle precent, RPMs and something else. I dont know about wiring but Im for certain it does work

FRpilot
09-07-2003, 12:48 AM
safc should work on any fuel system. all it does is let you change fuel maps little every couple hundred rpms. its a good upgrade if you can go to the dyno and get the few extra ponies outta your car but i dont think its the most bang for the buck upgrade. if you want serious fuel system programability, get a full standable. safc is kinda like a piggyback system that you can set.

ace004
09-07-2003, 01:25 AM
what about the s-afc2 apexi says it has fuel adjustments at 250rpm increments. wouldn't that make it better at tuning out a better fuel map? it also says it can be tuned without a dyno. i think they are basicly saying you can find a street and smash down it and make adjustments like that.

240racer
09-07-2003, 01:54 AM
you can get one, they look pretty. I have one. they aren't going to do anything for you on a stock engine. If you want to go to the dyno shop and spend $100 getting 5-10 hp that you can't even feel out of your car then go ahead. most of us use them to account for running larger injectors then stock with the stock mafs and ecu