PDA

View Full Version : driveshaft rubbing under hard acceleration?

TheSparo
09-04-2003, 06:52 PM
well today is the first day i got my car running smoothly (SR20) and under hard accel i notice a sound which i assume to be driveshaft rubbing, i did swap in the the driveshaft that came with it, and it did look a little cockeyed.. but it was in fine, and under normal conditions you dont notice it... anyone know what im talking abuot?

Bill Roberts
09-04-2003, 07:04 PM
How close is it to the sides of the torque tube? (the center hump)

Since your motor mounts are close to the same height as the drive shaft, torque should not move it laterally enough to scrape.

How much room do you have?

An exhaust pipe touching the frame or underbody will make a nasty sound as well. I guess you need to get under there and see whats scraping or touching.

Eyescream
09-04-2003, 07:15 PM
What does it sound like?

Like an oscillating groan?

I've got a sound like that that I can't place on the car, yet. All I can tell for sure is that it gets louder when weight shifts to the left side of the car, and that the sound isn't engine speed or vehicle speed dependent (except that it doesn't make the noise when the car doesn't move).

Bill Roberts
09-04-2003, 07:27 PM
Ck your PM Sparo!!

TheSparo
09-04-2003, 09:24 PM
i found out im just retarded, i forgot to put on the top part of the driveshaft "mount" i only put on the bottom...(i put on the sr driveshaft...) sorry lol