PDA

View Full Version : Ka24destroyed

tedX
09-04-2003, 02:55 PM
alright so I'm just a little frustrated now. I'm working on my brother's 240sx for a couple days now and I'm gonna kill someone. It started with a blown head gasket and I found more and more wrong. Now I can't get the !$@# crank pulley off. I have the large bolt out, and it's still just sits, tauntingly. I haven't worked on nissans before so I'm not 100% on anything. Is the pulley attached to the crank in some way I'm missing? any help would be much appreciated.

West
09-04-2003, 03:09 PM
You will need a Pulley Puller to get that sum biatch off, maybe even a torch to heat it up so it becomes looser. I had to do that when I replaced mine with the UD Pulley. Goto Pep Boys or somewhere, they will rent you the tool with a deposit.

Kid Zelda
09-04-2003, 05:48 PM
Mark is right; the pulley is pressed on tight.
Go rent a harmonic pulley puller, $6 a day or something, major chain auto stores rent them out.

hurleyboi514
09-04-2003, 07:11 PM
i just wacked on it with a hammer. put a wood block between the two so u dont damage the pulley though.

old_s13
09-05-2003, 09:30 AM
i just used my STRONG HAND...

i moved the pulley at various angles and wallop, it came off..

sometimes, if its stubborn, I would pry from behind at different angles, and it would eventually come loose.

just remember, its all about the strong hand.