PDA

View Full Version : engine flooding after replacing bad injector.. help

emayearecee
12-13-2010, 08:07 PM
The other night my car was had a rough idle and not very much power so i disconnected then reconnected the injectors one by one and found the problem injector. I replaced that and now i cant get my car (stock kade) to start unless i pump the gas while cranking it and when it does start a bunch of weird smelling smoke comes out of the exhaust and when I take the injector off that I replaced it sprays gas from the injector hole (sorry for the lack of technical terms).

I did my research and I found that I might need to clean the MAF and IACV and check the o-rings on the injector... is there anything else I should look out for to fix this problem?

Synopsis: changed injector now engine floods and wont start unless gas is pumped then runs but stalls or barely runs at idle with weird smelling smoke coming from the exhaust. anything to check besides MAF IACV and injector o-rings?

Sileighty_85
12-13-2010, 09:38 PM
Sounds like FI O-Ring is not seated correctly or is torn.

Pull fuel rail with fuel lines still attatched and place newspaper underneath
Turn Key to "ON" to prime fuel system
look for leaks
If it leaks then the O-Rings need to be replaced

emayearecee
12-13-2010, 11:35 PM
Thank you for the feedback! I wish we could still give rep! hahah kickin old school

emayearecee
12-14-2010, 11:23 PM
Just for ppl who have this problem in the future.

Sileighty was right it was the o-ring i damaged the bottom one when I replaced the fuel injector. Quick change of o-rings and my car was running great again. I didnt take off the entire fuel rail though, just removed the injector I had just changed and saw the damage to o-ring changed it and rubbed both rings down with dielectric grease re-inserted and presto!