PDA

View Full Version : Blown SR20DET blacktop? Need your help!!

S13RB20DETPOWER
12-06-2010, 02:40 AM
Hey guys/girls hows it going?

I just joined zilvia looks like a great site and i hope some people can help me out with my questions i've got!! Im not the smartest when it comes to cars but i know a little!

So anyways my main question right now is this.....

I was racing one of my buddies, the sr20det was swapped about a year before this happened, we raced blah blah blah what ever, and as i was comming to a stop i down shifted 5th to 4th, then 4th to 3rd then as soon as i down shifted into 3rd my car just shut right off.

I let it cool down for a few minutes checked a few things out nothing seemed to be harmed or damaged, but then when i started the car after it ran fine, then hit the highway then everytime i started shifting gears it grinded, made a knocking noise, it still went into gear but every time i shifted it felt like the clutch disc maybe snapped in half?!?

Or is this possibly a blown tranny? it got to the point where everytime i shifted gears i could fell it through my clutch and through the shifter.

If someone could help me out that would be greatlet appreciated!!

Thanks for your time,
Dakota.

90hatchie
12-06-2010, 02:45 AM
well if ur clutch disk snapped you would not be able to drive at all
it does sound like you blew out your trans

should not have been racing on the streets tisk tisk......

KaminaSan
12-06-2010, 02:55 AM
Tranny, positive.

I had my clutch disk split in half, and it allowed me to switch through all the gears with the car on, no grinding, or anything.

S13RB20DETPOWER
12-06-2010, 03:06 AM
Thanks for the replys and help! I was leaning towards tranny for sure, just wasn't to sure.

Also i may add the water pump had to be done, could that have been it blowing up as well? My car was for sure making funky noises i've never heard before. ill do a tranny swap asap and go from there i guess!

Slammed Assassin
12-06-2010, 03:23 AM
positive on the tranny as well..