PDA

View Full Version : aluminum driveshafts

mjjstang
09-01-2003, 07:21 PM
Hi I will be needing a drive shaft for the sr/manual conversion and I am wondering If It is wise to spend 450 on a lightweight shaft. Obviously if I had all the money in the world I would do it just because It would be another aftermarket part that should make my car faster and all that crap. What I want to know is Will It make a real big diff having An 11 pound single piece shaft rather than the heavy two pieces. Is it worth the money. Thanks. I searched but couldnt find much.

FRpilot
09-01-2003, 11:19 PM
is this the enjuku racing piece? the lightened driveshaft will help with rotating inertia. you will feel a bit better response and it will spin a little faster. plus, the weight reduction will help. if it is wise or not to spend for it, it's your call. if you're on a budget, the stock one will work fine. if you have the extra cash to spend, then why not upgrade?

mjjstang
09-02-2003, 12:55 AM
Thanks. I Will probably stick with stock for now as I am on a tight budget. is 80 dollars a good price for a used mt shaft.

RedSuns
09-02-2003, 03:59 PM
kinda pricey for 80$...is tis coming from another owner or a local junkyard....PM and i might be able to get you something cheaper...