PDA

View Full Version : Stock springs height

LowBattery
09-01-2003, 04:05 PM
So I'm pretty sure my struts/shocks are all blown, since the car has had Sportlines on the OEM suspension since 1997. I've found a set of slightly used (about 7000 mi) OEM struts/springs to replace them, but right now I'm trying to decide if I should return my car to stock height or just keep using the Sportlines. I've never driven or paid close attention to a stock S14, so my questions are: Will I notice any difference in handling (I only use my car for normal driving)? And how different will the car look compared to the drop the Sportlines give (I have a '95 SE, but I removed the front lip)? Will it be too high? And finally, if I do decide to keep the Sportlines, how long would the OEM suspension last? Thanks in advance.

s14white240
09-03-2003, 10:34 AM
I replaced my stock stuff with KYB struts and Eibach pro-kit springs and noticed a huge difference in the handling. keep the sportlines. DO NOT go back to the stock springs. Driving aggressive in corners on the stock suspension isn't much of a thrill. just my 2 cents...

THX1138
09-03-2003, 06:12 PM
I'd say stay with the Sportlines *IF* you can afford some new shocks/struts that will last in a lowered state. If not, and if the set of stock springs & dampers is in good condition, put those on for the time being. Stock suspension in good working order will ride and handle far better than a lowered suspension with four blown shocks.

LowBattery
09-03-2003, 10:05 PM
Well, I'm saving up for some coilovers, so I don't want to spend any more money than I need to. I guess I'll just stick with the stock suspension and sell the Sportlines. I'd still like to get someone's opinion on how the car will look with the stock suspension, but I'll probably still use it anyway.