PDA

View Full Version : Having problems with my speedometer

TheTimanator
08-30-2003, 12:57 PM
My car is finally up and running but my speedo is not working properly. I've taken it apart twice, check the connections...moved the needle, taken it out. It moves but resopnds very slowly. I need to fix this soon so I can get the rest of the car finished. Thank for you help!

TheTimanator
09-01-2003, 12:53 PM
Anybody?

rednerd
09-02-2003, 10:17 PM
-v verbose

Your "car": what engine, mods, etc? Did it ever work...

If you swapped an sr20det engine - check srswap.com there is a note in the faq about 89-90 cars and the speedo....

TheTimanator
09-03-2003, 07:05 AM
1989 240sx w/SR, just the normal mods..intake/exhaust/rad/electric fans/oil pan

Anyway, I have read through those FAQs many many times. The only thing related to the speedometer was about switching the speed sensor which I did. I don't know if it ever worked b/c this is the first time I've ever driven the car.

I've got an idea though. I have the JDM speedo...so, I think I might try stiching them to see if it's the actual guage.....

lok
09-03-2003, 08:50 AM
I have finished my srswap into a 90 and used a 180sx gauge cluster from my friends front clip. Only reads in km/h so I decided not to switch the speed sensors. Everything works fine all I had to do was swap in my old odometer and trip meter his was gone. What exactly is the speedometer doing?