PDA

View Full Version : Ka24de Oil Leak

Torq_Meister
11-24-2010, 10:41 PM
Hey there i just replaced my front crank seal because i was getting an oil leak from the front of my engine compartment. I had oil on my front stabilizer bar so i was told that it was my front crank seal. So i just replaced it two days ago with a TIMKEN #224650 that i got from autozone. The way i installed it was with a socket that was approximately the size of the seal and used a hammer to tap it in, then put everything back together. Well next day rolls around and to my suprise theres an oil spill under the car!! From the front of the engine!! so tomorrow i dont have class and im gonna get under there and take a look for the source but when i searched around on yahoo i found a thread on Nico with a guy saying that he got an autozone seal and it didnt fit properly? so im confused on maybe i should get another seal but OEM. If anyone else has installed this seal and it works fine please let me know, Or if you have any suggestions to what may be the problem to my annoying oil leak.

s14j
11-24-2010, 10:49 PM
i replaced my seals when i put in my ka in i got seals from autozone they where fine,
have u checked ur oil pan? wheres the leak coming from towards the back or front.?

Torq_Meister
11-24-2010, 10:55 PM
No i havent checked the oil pan yet, the oil leak was coming from the front of the engine bay, sorry i said stabilizer but what i meant was front sway bar. At the time i had someone go under the car and they said they touched one of the pulleys and they got oil on there finger so we assumed it was the front crank seal.

s14j
11-26-2010, 12:27 AM
hummm maybe u pushed it in to hard idk
thats wierd
u should take the pulley off and check.

jdm213
11-26-2010, 12:40 AM
maybe you should put the old one back on and put some silicone to make a good seal thats what i did and it has no mo leaks for 3 months so far now

Torq_Meister
11-26-2010, 03:10 PM
you can push it in too far? i wasnt aware of that i thought you had to push it in as far as it goes. well today im gonna go get some of that oil dye and put it and go degrease the engine and then drive it around see if i can catch where the leaks comin from . probably still the crank i just probably did something wrong.

Sileighty_85
11-26-2010, 03:58 PM
no you cant push it in to far, there is a possiblility that you might have torn the new seal when putting it in (ive done that before) pull off the pully and check the seal if you still think its the main seal