PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Stationed in Germany?

Nick Nasty
11-23-2010, 10:46 PM
i would have posted this in the Regional Forums, but i didnt see one for Europe. So if OT is the wrong place for it, someone point me in the right direction.

So im sitting in Iraq ATM and ill be home in about 2 weeks hopefully, then in April im reporting to Germany. What im trying to find out is, should i take a swapped S13 with me and try and get it through inspection, or should i just wait till i get there and pick up a cheap E30 to beat on? Any input would be appreciated, especially from military dudes (or gals) running swapped cars in Germany.

HalveBlue
11-24-2010, 10:50 AM
I'm not stationed here, but I've been living here for the better part of 2 years now.

I don't know how the registration of Servicemember vehicles in Germany works per se (check the SOFA, I'm sure you'll find the details in there), but if you have to register your vehicle through the German authorities it's highly unlikely that you'll get a swapped S13 through the German TüV.

Safety and Emission laws in Germany are comparable to those in California; very strict.

Anyway, check the Status of Forces Agreement first to see what you can find out about vehicle registration.

Good Luck!

Sergio180sx
11-24-2010, 12:29 PM
my bro is stationed in Manheim Germany and its almost impossible to get a car out of germany with all the inspections the windows don't even pass inspection cause they use thinner glass i think

Big Daddy 18det
11-24-2010, 02:05 PM
Yo Nick, I have lived in Germany for 19 1/2 years in the Mannheim Germany Area. I Even went to the high school there... The anwser to your question is "YES" you can bring a swapped S13 to Germany and pass inspection "BUT" you can only run military coverplates from the post that you will be station at and not Germany tags. Germany is like a little USA..... I'm station now in Pisa, Italy but goes to Mannheim all the time..... If you have any other Question sent me a message ok.... I have a S13 with LS1 swapped here in Italy..... :angel:

Also if you bring a swapped S13 from the states or where ever to Germany there is not problem "BUT" if you do the swapped yourself with the S13 alreally in Germany then you will not be able to get it passed inspection because you can't do a swapped yourself a auto shop in Germany have to do it in order for you to get the STAMP you would need to get your Military cover plates.....

i would have posted this in the Regional Forums, but i didnt see one for Europe. So if OT is the wrong place for it, someone point me in the right direction.

So im sitting in Iraq ATM and ill be home in about 2 weeks hopefully, then in April im reporting to Germany. What im trying to find out is, should i take a swapped S13 with me and try and get it through inspection, or should i just wait till i get there and pick up a cheap E30 to beat on? Any input would be appreciated, especially from military dudes (or gals) running swapped cars in Germany.

Nick Nasty
11-29-2010, 01:43 AM
thanks for the input guys

one_nissan
11-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Hey wassup guys, First of all i want to thank all you courageous guys and your family members in the military service serving our country, hope to see you guys come home soon safely for sure. Now for all you guys in Germany, I was wondering if you guys can get your hands on so s14 zenki glass headlights in great to mint condition, I'm looking to purchase a set asap. I was a victim of scam when I thought I was purchasing mint condition German glass zenki headlights instead I received mint condition jdm s14 zenki headlights which of course it's for LHD cars, I'm not trying to blind on coming traffic. I still have these headlights wrapped up in the box it was sent in, I was so mad when i unwrapped one and found out they were jdm headlights and what do you know I can't find the guy I purchased it from. I purchased these headlights about 7 years ago but I kinda been out of the scene for awhile busy with work but still drifting when I can...lol..it's addicting. So all said, I was wondering if any of you guys in Germany can get your hands on a set I looking to buy asap or if any one need jdm silvia zenki headlights we can trade. Lmk please guys pm me I'd appreciate it very much.

one_nissan
11-29-2010, 05:54 PM
And sorry Nick Nasty for thread jacking and no answers for your question

Z3NKIBOOST
12-15-2010, 12:05 PM
Hey wassup guys, First of all i want to thank all you courageous guys and your family members in the military service serving our country, hope to see you guys come home soon safely for sure. Now for all you guys in Germany, I was wondering if you guys can get your hands on so s14 zenki glass headlights in great to mint condition, I'm looking to purchase a set asap. I was a victim of scam when I thought I was purchasing mint condition German glass zenki headlights instead I received mint condition jdm s14 zenki headlights which of course it's for LHD cars, I'm not trying to blind on coming traffic. I still have these headlights wrapped up in the box it was sent in, I was so mad when i unwrapped one and found out they were jdm headlights and what do you know I can't find the guy I purchased it from. I purchased these headlights about 7 years ago but I kinda been out of the scene for awhile busy with work but still drifting when I can...lol..it's addicting. So all said, I was wondering if any of you guys in Germany can get your hands on a set I looking to buy asap or if any one need jdm silvia zenki headlights we can trade. Lmk please guys pm me I'd appreciate it very much.

i was looking for some headlights out here and couldnt find any only ones i can actually find some are in uk but that for lhd to haha..i never see any s14 out here weak bc i wanted to buy one

WillEastS14
01-22-2011, 11:30 AM
Im stationed here....been here for a year so far. Got a Gold S14. Building it SLowly so far. Been at the NurBurgRing a Few times last year..... hoping to hit a standing point of progress by like MAY

Im over By Trier. Will is what they call me

luis300zx
03-02-2011, 03:40 AM
Hey guys I own a300zx joined the forum because I'll be going to vilseck in june and I'll have myZ some time in January just want to see who else have nissans out there

speedracer601
03-02-2011, 04:58 AM
Im stationed In Vilseck Germany. I'm in Afghanistan right now. Be back in may though. I suggest you leave your car at home and get a bimmer. The weather here will destroy a chassis plus if you want to go anywhere you can just use a cab or take a train for like 9 euro lol The inspection in germany is fucking retarded and expensive.

luis300zx
03-03-2011, 01:38 AM
^^

Well the car woul not be driven a lot and not during winter I have a denalion it's way out there and a path finder in about a mont the z would get destroyed if I leave it behind I know that much so that is something to think about thanks for the heads up on the inspection.

What is that inspection for and what do they do? And the requirements too

racer98
03-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Im stationed In Vilseck Germany. I'm in Afghanistan right now. Be back in may though. I suggest you leave your car at home and get a bimmer. The weather here will destroy a chassis plus if you want to go anywhere you can just use a cab or take a train for like 9 euro lol The inspection in germany is fucking retarded and expensive.

you know one of my guys who runs his built SR20VE/T powered S14 at the ring was banned one day due to an infraction regarding his steering wheel and paperwork. yup you just about summed it up with the TUV.

bascially TUV requires cars to pass a really detailed inspection, being that cars can go full WOT on some of the roadways there, a speeding ticket there or in Switzerland is something you do not want to get.

mattack69
04-19-2011, 02:06 PM

yeah fuck the inspections, spangdahlem has some shady motherfuckers doing the inspections.. basically if you have a V dub or bmw you will pass anything else no go. Your car will be fine here as long as you garage it in the winter, like me :hsdance:

racer98
04-21-2011, 09:24 AM
yeah fuck the inspections, spangdahlem has some shady motherfuckers doing the inspections.. basically if you have a V dub or bmw you will pass anything else no go. Your car will be fine here as long as you garage it in the winter, like me :hsdance:

I think if they did those sorts of inspections in US I think 40% of the cars on te road today would not be allowed to drive on the roads

and I say about 70% in Ca

actiew
06-22-2011, 01:57 PM
Having a spare SR20DET Longblock engine shipped over with my 240sx from the states. Engine is only Long block no manifolds, fuel rails, or etc... Just long block.

The Bad: A flywheel bolt backed out and stripped crank thread for the flywheel hookup.

Got a engine off a friend for the same price it would have cost to do any work to the crank over even replace the crank. No other issues, engine was rebuilt from bottom up when first installed, I have pics of the intial build. Someone want to take it off my heads for a fair price let me know. No reasonable offer refused, looking to gert rid of my large paper weight. PM me for faster reply

speedracer601
07-19-2011, 11:30 PM
Is anyone in Vilseck ? I'm fucking bored and tired of drinking lol Thinking about taking a trip to the Nurburgring

pstarkt87
07-30-2011, 01:44 PM
hey everyone im in germany, spangdahlem to be exact let me know if anyone else is still here thank you, oh btw im trying to get a group together to maybe met and cruise or something

mattack69
07-31-2011, 08:07 AM
hey everyone im in germany, spangdahlem to be exact let me know if anyone else is still here thank you, oh btw im trying to get a group together to maybe met and cruise or something

:picardfp: shut your fucking mouth nobody wants to be in a car group at spang... just kidding LOL wow that was hella rude Srsly though I was just kidding. I got a the black s14 on base hit me up anytime man 0151523566814 ask fo Matty

pstarkt87
07-31-2011, 09:07 AM
are you a maintainer? you have that fuck a mother fucker up attitude ;) hahahaha anyway I am buying the gold zenki thats here on base idk if you know him its wills, but we are going to fix it this week hopefully, but we should try and get together sometime and share our 240 stories ... hahahaha or whatever but I live off base in pickliessem, where are you at?

mattack69
07-31-2011, 09:34 AM
Naw I'm not really cocky, just fucking with you. Yeah I know of wills car. Did he put the nasty dent in the rear quarter panel? Its a good buy but a little pricey IMO. What did he finally let it go for? Give me a call mofo.

mattack69
07-31-2011, 09:34 AM
Oh and welcome to Zilvia

pstarkt87
07-31-2011, 09:55 AM
ill tell you when i see you but im getting a whole grip of parts and an rb20 with trans and ecu and mounts, hopefully he will get the downpipe he ordered for the ka thats in it nd we can put the exhaust on and get it inspected

pstarkt87
07-31-2011, 09:56 AM
can you text? or do you have tks? i text and call tks for free, oh and thank you

mattack69
07-31-2011, 10:17 AM
I got TKS call 065616947784

pstarkt87
07-31-2011, 10:52 AM
were goin out for dinner and beers at city grill in speicher u down?

pstarkt87
07-31-2011, 10:59 AM
if you come out my number is 01708192191

pstarkt87
08-01-2011, 10:25 AM
aye mang what r u doing today/night? im dying to start figuring out the rb build/ 240 build