PDA

View Full Version : Pinstripe Removal

RedlineRacer
08-29-2003, 02:12 PM
I remember reading a post about this several months ago. So, I decided to try and remove my pinstripe the past few days. I think my car was in an accident before I bought it, because one side had a painted-on pinstripe, and the other was a tape pinstripe. The tape side was very easy, I just waited till it was about noon time and started pulling the tape off. Some of the glue came off, but most didn't. Then I took Some Tar and Glue remover I bought at Advance and took off the glue. This whole side probably took about and hour and a half.

The other side was more difficult. I started out using that glue remover to take off the the painted pinstripe. It would work decent if I put alot of muscle into it. But I got tired of spending an hour removing only about a foot of the stripe. So I started looking around my garage to find things that might work better. So, I tried Gojo. This is the best product to have around the garage. This took me about an hour to get the whole side off. It was really quick. After I was done, it made my paint look really dull. I was scared that I had ate off all my clear coat. Then I pulled out that glue remover again and started buffing at it. When I was finished, it left the paint just as shiney, if not more shiney, than when I started. If you want to see any pics, I can put some up. I hope this helps someone.