PDA

View Full Version : sr20 idle "dieseling" help

iam2pro4u
11-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Ok so start off i will tell you what the problem is that i am having, what i have done to try and fix it, and then follow with a list of what is done to the motor. Ok the motor is a s13 blacktop. When i start the car up from cold start it revs up high to like 2500 as it starts to warm up the idle starts to fluctuate or "diesel" up and down between 500rpm. Normally going from 1500 to 2000. Then when i turn the ignition off the car stays running for several seconds sputtering then sometimes backfires right as it shuts off. Now for what i have tried to do to fix the idle. I have checked for vacuum leaks. Replaced IACV then cleaned it out several times.Made sure couplings were all tight and no cracks in and of the couplings. TPS sensor is set at .50v. Cleaned the throttle body. Checked IACV for gasket leaks. Hooked the coolant lines back up to the throttle body there was no change so i disconnected and blocked back off. Made sure fuel pressure regulator was set at 43 psi w/o vacuum. I think thats everything. Now for a list of what is done to the car. bc 272 cams, bc dual valve springs and ti retainers, Apexi Head Gasket, Garrett gt3071r dual bb, koyo rad, Arias Pistons, Manley I Beam rods, Precision 780cc injecotrs, Jim Wolf Fuel Rail, Greddy Type RS BOV, GReddy OIl Pan, Greddy Intake Manifold, Turbosmart Ultra Gate 38mm Wastegate 17psi spring, Greddy Turbo Timer,Greddy Profec B Boost Controller,Apexi Power Fc,exedy carbon twin disc clutch, sard fuel pressure regulator. theres probably some stuff i might be forgetting. But anyone that can help me with this issue please do. I have already searched and tried basically everything i have found searching so please dont reply saying search.

iam2pro4u
11-18-2010, 03:05 PM
This video is the car at cold start up it seems car stay running longer and sputters more when cars warmed up.
YouTube - Sr20 idling high (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5rlYp3dB94)
The second video is the car warmed up where it keeps idling up and down and sputters when the keys out keeps running and then backfires. I have a bad exhaust leak that i havent fixed yet so thats what that noise is incase your wondering.
YouTube - sr20 sputtering (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viooozaW9xY)

Rabboni
11-18-2010, 03:27 PM
What did you do for the tune? Did you check your mechanical and ignition timing? Did you check to make sure none of your injectors are leaking? Any chance the combustion chambers are dirty? What heat range plugs are you using? Get back to us with that info, and hopefully we can help you some more.

iam2pro4u
11-18-2010, 09:04 PM
yes timing was correct. yes pulled fuel rail and checked injectors also for leaks. Combustion chambers may be dirty whats best way to clean. and i think they are bkr6e or something around that so there heat range 6