PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Lag on a ka24det t25?

chetacheese
11-16-2010, 03:41 PM
ive got a ka-t25 setup.

370cc
n60 maf
t25 with stock boost
everything runs just perfect. just had a quick question that i cant seem to find through the search.

first gear- has a lot of torque.
second gear- turbo will spool and everything but at WOT, theres a lag. im not sure if its the way this is, this is my first ka-turbo. from WOT at 2k rpm - 3k rpm, it feels like theres a boost leak. but at 3k rpm, it will pull like it should. done a boost leak test, no leak at all!

question is...... is that how its supposed to be? is it turbo lag?

yoni_nismo
11-16-2010, 05:38 PM
seems like a maff prob i had the same prob on my setup

KiLLeR2001
11-16-2010, 06:07 PM
On my friends SR swap, his car ran ok, but when he went to gun it the turbo would spool up but the car wouldn't really go anywhere... Ended up being the CAS needed to be adjusted, it was too retarded so we fully advanced it and it ran much better.

nieko
11-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Fully advacned it? LOL hows is motor? white spark plugs? hole in his piston yet?

anywayyysss

check your timing brooo

chetacheese
11-17-2010, 01:21 PM
timing, yea i would have to double check that, i told myself to check that before i post this. but i completely forgot. but i pushed the car a bit last night and man does it feel good. i was just unsure if it was supposed to be any better. thanks a lot i will check that nieko.

yoni nismo- think it could be? my car doesnt stumble or anything. usual symptoms of a bad mafs is stumbling or bad af ratio

killer2001- thanks for the input. but i dont have an sr so that means no cas.

yoni_nismo
11-17-2010, 01:52 PM
what type of engine management are you using, i know 370cc and n60 runs smooth on a stock ecu but i hope your at least chipped for your setup to get a safer timing map for your boost