PDA

View Full Version : passenger window not working

240KAT
08-26-2003, 01:38 PM
Well, the subject is really what the problem is. fortunetely, its stuck in the up position. The driver window works fine. As do the passenger door speakers and power sideview mirrors. I think theres only one fuse for the power windows, so that cant be bad. Any ideas? OH, i have an S13 SE

240_keyy
08-26-2003, 10:46 PM
did you check the "Power window lock" button just in front of the drivers side window switch? if it is pressed in the pass side windo will not go up...

mbmbmb23
08-26-2003, 10:51 PM
Relay or window motor. Sometimes the relay/switch can be stuck in one position and the motor burn out by staying "on"...in your case in the closed position. Look on ebay...the whole PW guts go for like $80 or so.......or check a junkyard. You could take out the motor and test it...if it works then its the relay.

-m

KiDyNomiTe
08-26-2003, 10:52 PM
Or possibly the connection to the window button isnt in all the way.

Can you roll the pass windo from the driver side? If so then it might likely be the power lock button, if you can move it down, check the connection first.

Dream240
08-27-2003, 09:58 AM
I had a similar problem with my s14 passenger side window. The dealer siad the motor fell off it's hinges and woudl only roll halfway down. They rebolted everything and locled it down and it works fine now. If you're not mechanically inclined, take it to nissan, at least they'll find the problem for about 60 bucks? Pricey but then you'll at least know what is wrong.

240KAT
08-27-2003, 01:05 PM
Wow..i feel like a complete ***, however. I'm glad I asked you guys. Lol, i mustve nicked my window lock button at some point. I wouldve never checked that either. Works fine now. Cheers!

Dream240
08-27-2003, 03:46 PM
Hey don't beat yourself up. I do that almost everytime I clean the interior. Get in, hey windows not working...duh it's the switch.