PDA

View Full Version : Bov Which One Should I Buy?

SHPEND
08-26-2003, 10:54 AM
HI
which bov is the best?
my favorite is greddy and the new apexi racing but which one is the best?

wylin
08-26-2003, 11:05 AM
the stock recirculating valve if ur running under 1 bar of boost on SR. If ur going KA use a greddy/hks/ etc and recirculate it.

Fastback180
08-26-2003, 11:05 AM
It's not which is your favorite, it needs to be suitable for your correct aplication.
Sheepdog
Sard
Turbonetics

SHPEND
08-26-2003, 11:09 AM
hi again
i have a s14 and i think that i atlest am going to buy a hks t04 turbo..
and i want to buy one that sounds good..

ckyfish
08-26-2003, 06:36 PM
turboxs rfl sounds really nice

mbmbmb23
08-26-2003, 10:55 PM
HKS Super Sequential BOV.

Fibercus
08-27-2003, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by wylin
the stock recirculating valve if ur running under 1 bar of boost on SR. If ur going KA use a greddy/hks/ etc and recirculate it.

Ill second that. It may not sound the greates, but does its job.

I run the stock recirc, but I wouldnt mind having Wylins BOV :D

phatsx
08-27-2003, 06:13 AM
I would get the greddy Type s or type r bov. They are both a good price and perform very well.

SHPEND
08-27-2003, 07:43 AM
what do you know about hks racing bov type 2?
does someone have a bov like this one how does it sound and does it do a good job?
is it better than the greddy bovs?

old_s13
08-27-2003, 08:56 AM
its a pressure relief valve.. buy the one you ENJOY listening to, thats all. hopefully you'll end up recirculating it.. that way I dont have to pass more stalled cars at stop lights. :)

West
08-27-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by old_s13
its a pressure relief valve.. buy the one you ENJOY listening to, thats all. hopefully you'll end up recirculating it.. that way I dont have to pass more stalled cars at stop lights. :)

Umm, No. Don't choose by what it sounds like. Get a TurboXS BOV and you will see how crappy they can be when you up the boost. Most people end up buying these because they advertise them to be the loudest. IMO they sound like crap.

Id suggest a the HKS SSQV since it is a reverse push pull design to keep it from leaking at high boost. Only draw back to this BOV is everything is extra $. If you want to recalculate it you need the adapter, if you want to change the pitch of it, its extra. Overall if you don't mind spending extra money, this is the one of the best BOV. Secondly Id suggest a Greddy Type S, it has a 2nd port to prevent boost leaking out it, also with this one you can recalculate it with a trip to your local hardware store. The Greddy's tend to need more adjustments to get them to run perfect but when they do they rock :)

SHPEND
08-27-2003, 01:37 PM
thanks for the help guys....but doesent enybody know enything about yhe hks racing bov typ 2?
but if im going to buy any bov i think im going for a hks..

West
08-27-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by SHPEND
thanks for the help guys....but doesent enybody know enything about yhe hks racing bov typ 2?
but if im going to buy any bov i think im going for a hks..

Its simular to the SSQV although it has a larger aluminum pull vavle to handle more boost. It also has a light valve spring to help in response time. Its deisnged to handle 3.0 bar (43.44psi). IMO overkill, get the SSQV and spend half that of the Racing Type 2.

SHPEND
08-27-2003, 02:54 PM
i think im ghoing to buy the hks t04 turbo or the t51r kai...thats why i need a good bov.
but i also want to buy hks pistons and camshafts but they rae expensive do you know a where i can get the emotor pats cheaper?
what do i need for other motor parts to get a better effect?

drift freaq
08-27-2003, 07:58 PM
the two blowoff valves I like and recommend are the HKS SSQ and the Greddy type S. Both work right . I have seen to many others that are A. loud which in my opinion sucks because its an attention getter and B. the ones that tend to have weak springs that let off way to early or to easy . Both SARD and ARC are in this catagory.:bow:

uiuc240
08-27-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by SHPEND
i think im ghoing to buy the hks t04 turbo or the t51r kai...thats why i need a good bov.
but i also want to buy hks pistons and camshafts but they rae expensive do you know a where i can get the emotor pats cheaper?
what do i need for other motor parts to get a better effect?

Are you kidding? The T51R Kai takes forever to spool on a 2jz...you think it's a good match for a measly SR20? No. You will not make boost until 6000 rpm. So pointless.

One minute you're asking about what BOV to buy and the next minute you're talking about turbos that flow nearly 1000 cfm? Ummm...no.

:bash: :hammer: :axe:

Where in Sweden are you from?

Eric

SHPEND
08-28-2003, 09:01 AM
im from borĂ¥s....
i want a car that is fast and has lots of hp and ive loked for some turbos for the sr20det and the best are the hks.
what turbo should i get instead?

SHPEND
08-28-2003, 09:05 AM
heheh forgot to ask about the engine modifications.....
where can i get cheap hks parts for the motor like pistons camshaft etc...