PDA

View Full Version : boost problem tried so much...

shinobis13hb
11-08-2010, 03:14 PM
i have a s13 blacktop.

so to make it simple.. i noticed i had a boost leak recently i checked all my lines and clamps done..
so at that point i changed the SMIC with one that was working perfect that had new hoses on it thinking that mine was bad,still same problems. i checked everything again everything was tight... i changed the actuator and same problem.
i installed a manual boost controller to adjust the boost i was able to close it to where it would reach 10lbs. all it does it sputter or "peak" all over the place the needle will not stay still. what ealse should i check?? could it be the turbo ?? i am pretty new to turbo motors. i want to save myself money and time before taking it to a shop.
if you need anymore details ill be happy to help you.

dgomez
11-08-2010, 04:16 PM
this might be a stupid question but im wondering, do you feel the boost leak or are you basing it off what the boost gauge is telling you?

shinobis13hb
11-08-2010, 04:32 PM
this might be a stupid question but im wondering, do you feel the boost leak or are you basing it off what the boost gauge is telling you?
yes i feel a leak. and my gauge just goes crazy. i am going to check my vac lines again. if anyone wants to show me there set up that would be great. but i used google there are so many.
i am going to be taking the car to the shop that i got the swap done at but i would like to fix it before hand.

shinobis13hb
11-09-2010, 01:07 PM
how can you tell if the comprssor is bad on the turbo?

shinobis13hb
11-10-2010, 02:59 PM
anyone??? dfgdfgd