PDA

View Full Version : Radiator flush trouble!!! Please help

Dsic240sx
11-07-2010, 03:07 PM
i'm trying to do a complete radiator flush on my s13 240sx SR swapped.

the problem is i can't find the block drain plug. does anyone have any good pics. or a good description of where it is? i've searched relentlessly but all i've come up with are crappy ass pics and stupid descriptions.
i'm trying to take one thing off that looks like it might be it, but theres no room to get it right because the turbo's in the way.

HELP PLEASE! i really need this done

i don't want to just remove the bottom radiator hose i want to do a complete flush.

Jason913
11-07-2010, 03:25 PM
You don't need to flush the coolant out of the block if you're doing it right. You drain it, put the flush mix in, fill with water... run to operating temp. Then wait 10, then drain, fill back up with 50/50.. bleed and done.

Edit: actually I think after you drain the flush mixture it says run water through the radiator.

badbob2121
11-07-2010, 03:40 PM
drain all coolant, plug the radiator

fill with water, run to operating temp with heat on full blast and drain again, repeat till you dont see coolant in water (wait for motor to cool before filling with water each time after draining)

then fill with coolant and properly bleed excess air

steve shadows
11-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Bad bob is correct, nice car btw bob

Dsic240sx
11-07-2010, 07:02 PM
Hmmm. alrite ill trust you guys.

ill give it a go tomorrow. thanks!

badbob2121
11-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Bad bob is correct, nice car btw bob

thank you sir

and to the OP, just google it if you want to verify... i believe there are multiple write ups on coolant flushing a sr20det...

Dsic240sx
11-09-2010, 01:24 AM
thank you sir

and to the OP, just google it if you want to verify... i believe there are multiple write ups on coolant flushing a sr20det...

trust me, i've searched relentlessly. of course theres topic about it, but they're all so vague, and can't find any specific pictures.

anyways. i did it today and everything seemed to go okay, so thanks guys. :bigok:

hopefully they stay that way :P

drifter_for_life06
11-18-2010, 07:36 PM
all the ones ive come across werent vague at all......unless you dont have mechanical know-how......just saying