PDA

View Full Version : S14 zenki horn setup

Irresistible
11-07-2010, 12:47 AM
My horn is making the highest pitched noise ever, and it sounds like a go-kart horn or something, so I want to fix it. There's only one speaker thing, but I've seen two on a lot of cars, so I'm confused, and maybe that's the reason it's so high pitched. So I was wondering if anyone could post pics of the front of the car where the horn speaker looking things are mounted so I can see. Thanks...

I know I worded this horribly, but I'm tired, and can't fall asleep and this just popped into my head.

omgRWDgoodness!
11-07-2010, 01:40 AM
Here ya go bud:

http://i55.tinypic.com/rtj4zq.jpg

I know it looks messed up but that's because my front bumper is smashed in right now. Anyway, there should only be one speaker thing and I suppose it's normal to sound high-pitched because mine does too. I know that in the STi/Evo community it is somewhat popular to upgrade to aftermarket horns because they have 2 of the speaker things like many other cars. Hope this helps and that you get some sleep.

MavericStephenc
11-07-2010, 01:43 AM
buy hella supertones and call it a day. cut and splice the wiring to accommodate a second horn and be happy

Irresistible
11-07-2010, 11:01 AM
Thanks guys. I really hate the bitch horn my car has, so I wanna change it so that when I need to use it, people can actually hear the damn thing.

BKangS14
11-08-2010, 02:16 PM
just wondering how much do you use your horn? Ive used mine like 2 times over 2 years i had the car

GeneStarWindGSW
11-08-2010, 04:45 PM
i have PIAA 400/500hz horns, work great.