PDA

View Full Version : Twin Charging RB25DET

whiskey
11-04-2010, 04:06 AM
I was wondering if anybody has experience with doing this and what the biggest complications they have ran into, i have the RB25 and i'm getting entirely new internals(BC), Garrett (GT35R), Tomei Cams, N1 water and oil pump, Isis manifold, 800cc injectors, i think yall get the picture...so i want to know what your experiences are with adding a centrifugal supercharger into the mix for a little bit of bottom end, maybe set it around 7 psi and the turbo at about 14 psi. i don't know yet. I have done a little research on this and one big issue seems to be the belts and noise. thank you everyone, and i would appreciate if you left out negative commenting. This is going into a 1989 240sx hatch btw (oh and price isn't an issue I'm getting back from Iraq for the second time, so i have plenty saved up)

Sforteen
11-21-2010, 12:59 PM
seems kinda pointless, good luck finding room to do it.... at some point the supercharger maybe a restriction... the cars i have seen that have been twin charged werent really impressive IMO... a well built RB25 will spool the shit out of a 35R...

how much power you looking for?

PS i have a 35R for sale

PoorMans180SX
11-21-2010, 04:09 PM
Centrifugal isn't going to do jack for bottom end. They're top-end superchargers that need RPM to build boost. You want a roots or a screw blower.

Actually you should just serial/compound turbo charge it.

YouTube - Marc's 2JZ Turbo Compound Setup (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-Me6yWApzY)