PDA

View Full Version : Ka24e runs rough

Stunt'nSlide
11-02-2010, 10:49 PM
As probally some of you know my cars been having problems. It used to idle very well no wierd smells or anything, but if you pressed hard on the gas it would bog and not rev. Now when I start the car it seems to struggle and only gets to like 200 rpms then builds up to about 800 or so but it runs rough and if you give it gas it bogs and a thin layer of white smoke comes out the exhaust. When I turn the car off you can see white smoke that's collected in the exhaust pipe. What could be wrong. I'm hoping not bad head gasket and my friend thinks leaky injector but doesn't a leaky injector make the rpms jump around? Because mine I's pretty steady but low.

jesse_s13
11-02-2010, 10:50 PM
compression test?

Stunt'nSlide
11-02-2010, 10:58 PM
compression test?

My friends coming tommorow with a compression tester. What numbers should I be looking for? And if I have bad compression what does that mean?

jesse_s13
11-02-2010, 11:58 PM
idk i think its 150 psi for the min. and they all have to be within 10 psi. I cant remember. good luck.

Stunt'nSlide
11-03-2010, 12:01 AM
idk i think its 150 psi for the min. and they all have to be within 10 psi. I cant remember. good luck.

Ok I'll post the results on this thread tomorrow night.

240sxluver4life
11-03-2010, 12:36 AM
Please do!!!! I got a high comp and have the same issue. i Checked my compression and only got 60 on each cylinder. WTF!!!!!! Car still pulls hard but so i don't think i just got 60 psi. . . . . Anyway good luck man

Stunt'nSlide
11-03-2010, 09:57 AM
So before I do the compression test today I thought I'd do some smaller things like clean the maf, tps, iacv and all connections. I also checked the injector connections and cleaned those. I pulled my number one spark plug and its totally black and smells like gas. Havnt checked the others, but what does that mean? I'm guessing running rich which could be my problem and not blown head gasket.

creyes13491
11-03-2010, 10:27 AM
it could be running rich, but if its really black, then that means its really burning a lot of oil. it could be the head gasket.

Stunt'nSlide
11-03-2010, 12:41 PM
it could be running rich, but if its really black, then that means its really burning a lot of oil. it could be the head gasket.

So my buddy gave 2 fuel injectors off his car that work perfect. So I took off my first 2 injectors and replaced them with his injectors. I also couldnt get the back 2 off for some reason. But I started the car and there wasnt white smoke anymore. it also ran better but still pretty boggy. When I give it gas black liquid stuff shoots out the exhaust. Whats up with that? So I think if I replace all four injectors with good ones itll be fine. but then I need to figure out about that black stuff coming out the exhaust.