PDA

View Full Version : Nissan compatibility question

Megamarcx84
11-02-2010, 08:57 PM
So...i originally posted this question on 88hybrid.com, and have yet to recieve an answer, so i guess i'll try here....
And for reference, this is intended to be for a 1986 300zx turbo...
i know that s13/14 front suspension is basically a bolt-in affair assuming that all the necessary pieces are accrued(lcas, tension rods, inner/out tie rods, strut assembly). i also know that normally that means(@ least in a s13 situation) that you're going to have to deal w/ 4lugs in the front unless you upgrade w/ 5 lug kit or are lucky enough to obtain the pieces from an s14 w/ 5 lugs. what i've found out via shopping w/ craigslist, amazon, and ebay is that the s14 knuckles spindles hubs and brake assemblies are not all that easy to come by. so i ask as many a 240guy has opted to upgrade to z32 brakes, transmission, etc...,, are the knuckles/spindes/hubs/brake assemblies from z32 compatible w/ the s13(modified) or s14 strut assemblies/suspension..junked s14 240's are hard to come by locally, but strangely enough there's a plethora of na z32's abound, ripe for the picking.