PDA

View Full Version : Kae tps help!

DoobieS13
10-31-2010, 05:23 PM
Ok so... I dropped a KA24E into my hatch because my KA24DE blew up...The car is a 5spd HOWEVER...the doner car that had the kaE happened to be an automatic. So did the swap and ran NO TPS for bout a month n a half. My wallet hated me due to gas $$$ out the rear lol so i went to advanced, cuz they were cheaper, and, not thinking, bought a 5spd TPS for a 92 (My car year, motor year is a 90) and put it on and it still spit and sputtered and noticed an extra plug...so....finally realized what i had done, and my boy gave me a KAE Automatic TPS. Works soooo much better. my question is, do i need a KAE auto TPS like i have now, and just get it recalibrated, or do i get a KAE MANAUL TPS? (keep in mind the motor WAS out of a auto and is CURRENTLY in a 5spd)
THANK YOU!

klits562
11-01-2010, 12:23 PM
I cant answer your question, but i can tell you that a engine is not automatic or 5 spd, so regardless of what trans came with the engine from the factor, an engine is an engine and can use a 5 spd or auto just depends on supporting parts.

DoobieS13
11-01-2010, 10:20 PM
I know the motor isn't either, I'm labeling it that to keep track of what harness is on it.

cotbu
11-01-2010, 10:45 PM
Do you have a manual ecu or automatic? It make sense to use the tps that was intended for the ecu, If it make a difference IDk. You probably have other issues than just tps btw.

DoobieS13
11-02-2010, 07:55 AM
Yo its Snoop! Wut up lol n yea its an auto ecu...n when I went to buy the tps they asked for manual or auto n said it did make a difference. N the only other prob I have is that exhaust leak where the cat meets the exhaust mani. N my hatch area smells like straight up fuel all the time. If I heel toe to slow own, gas gauge drop dramatically but then goes back up. If I stop by coasting n braking it don't dip down.

brizanden
11-02-2010, 09:36 AM
you need the tps that goes with the ecu. i dont even know if e or de are diff tps but i suggest getting a e tps to go with your e ecu. then setting it properly. also if your idle is super super unstable clean out the iacv.

DoobieS13
11-02-2010, 12:59 PM
Idle is stable but if I'm trying to hold a steady speed between 1-45 it spits n sputters randomly