PDA

View Full Version : stock 91 handles poor

gotrice240sx
08-22-2003, 07:21 PM
i just took my stock 91 240sx in the hills and lost it a few times on the down hill run,one time ended up with my front end in the bush. i think it has alot to do with my tires. i was wondering which tires would be the best for grip driving, alot of ppl told me to get some S-03's does any one have any ideas on which would be the best for me, can any one tell me why my car keeps skipping (shaking) when i hang a trun it tickes me off
thanks

mrmephistopheles
08-22-2003, 08:15 PM
you mean it handles poorly.
Tires play a major role in handling. So do stock suspension, worn-out bushings, improper alignment, etc.
Kumho Ecsta Supra 712s are a very affordable decently sticky tire, one I'd recommend for those on a budget.
If you have a little more to spend and need the right size, try Falken GR-bs.

On a sidenote: Please don't wreck your car by driving past it's (and your) limits. It looks to be a clean coupe, something which is in short supply nowadays.

240Dave
08-22-2003, 11:41 PM
"i think it has alot to do with my tires"

I think it has a lot to do with your driving. Driving a lowgrip car at it's limit is slower thus easier than driving a high grip car at its limit. You obviously can't control a slow car, so why make it fast?

Nice looking coupe btw...

tiki240
08-22-2003, 11:57 PM
the best? bridgestone potenza's
best for you and your wallet, sumitomo HTR200's
modify your suspension. for reall hadling try eibach prokit springs with KYB shocks and struts all around. watch your *** on the turns. dont push it past what you or your car can handle there are several parts to a suspension setup. ifd you wanna hug corners and have fun driving upgrade all of your suspension...every bushing. power is fun too, but ive never seen a V8 hang with me in the corners..

91CRXsiR
08-23-2003, 04:51 AM
OH MAN UR CAR IS NASTY!!! i'll give you 500 bux and take it off your hands... =)

if you are running stock tire sizes you should be careful up in the mountains ( I should kno ) i've heard good things about Kumho 712's and Falken Azenis..