PDA

View Full Version : Car won't start/turn on at all

pandaman415
10-28-2010, 02:03 AM
I'm currently experiencing an issue with the Viper Alarm that I recently installed. Earlier today, I armed the car and left for about 10 minutes. When I came back, I tried to unlock the car with the remote and it would not respond. It would not even work from up close. I checked the battery if something was disconnected but nothing was; the car was on. Usually, when I arm the car, there would be that blinking blue light but it did not have it. I believe that the alarm must have "turned off" and is stuck in "lock mode". Since Viper alarms came with starter-kills, I'm unable to start the car since the viper remote doesn't respond to the main box. I tried disconnecting the box's wires and plugging them back in but it didn't work. So is there anyway that I could manually disable the alarm so that I could start my car? I checked the fuses for the starter and they were fine and the headlights and dome lights can still turn on.

conrad_s13.5
10-28-2010, 08:45 AM
my friend had to put the key in,turn it, and then start it with the remote. They also usually put a neutral safety switch hidden somewhere that u can hold while u turn the key as u normally would.

if either of those dont work, I'd google for a 'viper alarm (model number) pdf'
see if alarm system itself has a fuse / relay for this exact situation

pandaman415
10-28-2010, 04:03 PM
I was probably thinking that my battery could have been drained as well but I doubt it. When I put the key in the ignition and turn it on, there would usually be those 'clicks' and all the lights in the dash cluster would turn on, but nothing happens. I just turn it all it remains the same; blackness...

94spitfire91
10-28-2010, 04:41 PM
Alarm systems sometimes think the battery is trying to be disconnected in order to disable the alarm. At least mine has that security function and that can simply happen by having a dead battery. And what very little power the battery has left , if at all, the alarm is using that to act strange and (in my case) has then caused my remote to also not work and nothing happens when my keys in the ignition. Dead Battery was my problem Im sorry i dont have the same alarm but maybe this was useful

pandaman415
10-29-2010, 03:51 AM
I tried unplugging the battery completely and then disconnecting the alarm completely from the car. Then I plugged the battery back in. Now the car will actually turn on and all the lights in the cluster will shine. But the car still won't crank. You could hear the clicking noise and I try to turn it but still no budge. My friend mentioned that it could be the starter and I may have to replace it.

conrad_s13.5
10-29-2010, 10:20 AM
good be,...easy enough to just take it out and get tested

pandaman415
10-29-2010, 03:19 PM
I'm going to try to jumpstart the car today. It may be due to a drained battery, idk. But it's worth a shot. :hsdance: