PDA

View Full Version : 95 ka in s13 vert wont start! HELP!

MotleyS13
10-26-2010, 10:44 AM
So i got a car that had a 98 s14 ka in it. I bought a 95 ka to swap with. Ause previous motor was bad. So i swapped everything over except using same engine harness. Im gettin fuel, an spark for sure. I took fuel rail off to assure injectors were flowing. It feels veey strong and wants to start but wont! But it will start will starting fluid, it runs like shit, but itll run then die when fluid is burnt up. The ckp on bellhousing isnt connected som im gonna start there. Also i was thinking the dizzy is 180 out, bad gas or something along those lines. Does anyone have any ideas or encountered this? Im thinking im just going to get a dohc harness, dizzy, ecu, intake mani and see if that does anything. Please Help!!! Or in anyone wants to lend a hand in the charlotte area, ill provide beer and food!!!! Thanks guys

r20crazy
10-26-2010, 11:03 AM
assume you have a dohc computer thats obd2? if this is related to the last question I answered, the easiest way to work around this is to get a dohc s13 upper engine harness, ecu, dizzy, and complete upper intake manifold. then you dont have to worry with any of the obd2 stuff (including the 2nd oxygen sensor). anything sohc u are using will not work. you may be 180 off on the dizzy. set engine to TDC on compression on cylinder #1 and pull distrubutor cap. if its not pointing at #1 cylinder wire distributor isnt in correct. also make sure the marks on the distributor drivegear/shaft line up when installed at TDC on #1. if they are not correct it also wont run.

if you're using a s14 computer you need that trans sensor you speak of hookedup.

if your getting spark and gas and it runs with starting fluid its not getting the spark and fuel at the right times if compression #'s are good, or the air fuel metter and/or throttle position sensor need testing.

to bad I'm in socal...

MotleyS13
10-26-2010, 11:22 AM
Yea it is related. I cant find a s13 harness an all that. I dont work tommorow so im going to hook up that ckp on bellhousing. The ecu im using is the one that came with the 95 motor. Im also going to check the dizzy n see if its off.This is just bothering the hell outta me!!