PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pan Paranoia

Maeda
08-20-2003, 11:50 PM
Ok the oil pan is going in in a few hours... help me aliviate some fears...

I just take the motor and tranny off their mounts and jack away correct?

Do I need to take off some hoses and miscellany from the engine before I go vertical?

Help!

FRpilot
08-21-2003, 01:48 AM
is this for ka or sr? i think they are the same, because the acess to the bolts are covered by the front cross member.

Maeda
08-21-2003, 09:10 AM
This is for KAT...

I have a new pan waiting in the wings, but I need to figure out how exactly to move the engine up 3 inches or so.... I know I need to lose the mounts but is there anything else that needs to be removed before the engine can go up a bit?

Maeda
08-21-2003, 09:10 AM
This is for KAT...

I have a new pan waiting in the wings, but I need to figure out how exactly to move the engine up 3 inches or so.... I know I need to lose the mounts but is there anything else that needs to be removed before the engine can go up a bit?

fastpace
08-21-2003, 09:20 AM
hey what's up Maeda. I don't know if you have checked out Jeff's page, but he explains what he did with his turbo and oil pan install.

http://www.240sxturbostyle.com/turboinstall.html

Maeda
08-21-2003, 04:03 PM
I have looked over it many times.... but I swear it doesn't look that easy.... maybe i should just jack away~~

Jeff240sx
08-23-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Maeda
I have looked over it many times.... but I swear it doesn't look that easy.... maybe i should just jack away~~

You've got 3 choices. Pull the motor. Drop the suspension and K-frame. Or, the smart way, unbolt the engine and transmission mounts, and jack away. I never said anything about easy.
Did ya get it out? I swear that was the most time consuming part of the install.
-Jeff

Maeda
08-24-2003, 12:12 AM
I should've posted this earlier but I eventually got it...

Everytime I pumped the jack up one, I waited and listend for any large chunking or breaking noises... I was soo scared...

It wasn't so bad after I found out that the oil pickup blocked me out and I raised the engine about 2 inches higher then necissary...

Everything came back down fine and the new pan is in place...