PDA

View Full Version : ITS mod rules

Jason77
08-20-2003, 10:34 AM
Is anyone familar with modifications in ITS, or where its posted on the net?

MovinUp-1
08-20-2003, 10:55 AM
Improved Touring website (http://www.improvedtouring.com/)

You should be able to get an overview from there. for really detailed stuff you will have to buy a rulebook and a GCR

TBreu007
08-20-2003, 08:12 PM
They're pretty much the same as the ITA 240sx rules :D
Improvedtouring.com is a good place to start, but pick up a rule book (GCR) for best results.

If you have any specific questions, let me know. I have a ITS 240sx that I completely stripped and rebuilt from the ground-up. Over the last 9 months or so, I've almost memorized the GCR.

Jason77
08-21-2003, 11:15 AM
thanks for the help.....I'm just trying to get an idea where to start. My concearns are, what suspension?, where to find a decent KA to rebuild?, and what mods to buy/perform inside the rules. Don't want to waste any money on this project.

TBreu007
08-21-2003, 06:00 PM
You can't run a threaded coilover like Tein or JIC, so I would recommend Ground Control's or True Choice's Konis (I think they're the 8611's). Ground Control also makes really nice Advance Design stuff, but it's a little more money. I have the Advance Design struts...I think they're the best in IT.

On the motor...a strong stock motor with Jim Wolf ECU, headers and POP charger will make pretty good power and should put you mid-pack with a pretty good driver. To be front of the pack, you need to open the motor and go .040 over, port match the head, shave the head a little, balance and blueprint everything, get the early cams, etc.
A good radiator and oil cooler is a necessity as these motors tend to run a little hot on the track.

To be competitive for the least amount of money, I would put together and ITA (single cam) car. They're pretty competitive with just bolt-ons.

I know of at least one 240sx on improvedtouring.com for sale right now. Buying an already made race car is always best.