PDA

View Full Version : Blitz SBC ID iii Tech question

sl87
10-18-2010, 01:20 PM
I have a question about hooking up the Blitz ID boost controller on my s13 redtop. This question involves my intake manifold. I have the ISIS (greddy) type intake manifold. I do have an external wastegate and have that hooked up to the "Out" port. As for the "In" port, the instructions say to connect it between the turbo and throttle body. Does this mean that the "In" port requiers a vaccuum source? If so, can I hook the "IN" port to the vaccuum ports connected at the bottom of the intake plenum that the intake manifold provides? or does the "In" port have to be connected before the throttle body?

The reason i asked is because it would be easier to screw on a vaccuum port on the intake plenum rather than paying a welder to weld on a nipple on my aluminum cold pipe. I can save $25.

If any questions need to be answered, ill be happy to answer them.

Thanks

sl87
10-20-2010, 01:30 PM
Bump, anybody?

s14unimog
10-20-2010, 02:00 PM
its just like any source for the actuator. It needs a boost only source, like the stock setup to the cold pipe would have been. I've heard of spike issues when using a boost/vacuum source but I've always had a boost only source. I drilled and tapped my turbo so that the lines are short. You could also purchase a "quick tap" which gives you a nipple off a coupler.

I'm using that same boost control btw...

chituntang
10-20-2010, 03:51 PM
Go to auto part stores for a nipple fitting on one end and male NPT thread on the other end.
Go home and:
remove upper hotpipe
remove compressor outlet
drill and tap for the fitting you bought
use sealant when putting on the fitting
Replace everything you remove from car
done

sl87
10-20-2010, 05:43 PM
I already have the bottom port of my wastegate connected quicktap to my coupler on the compressor of my turbo

"Out" port on Blitz solenoid -> Top port of Wastegate

Bottom port of wastegate -> Quicktap on coupler (connected to turbo compressor housing)

My question:

"In" port on Blitz solenoid -> ??

Can it be connected to the vaccuum ports provided on my ISIS manifold?
-or-
It has to be connected before the throttle body?

My boost source connection is already being used.

I dont intend to insult anyone by asking the same question, i just want to show a more clear way of my question. The Instructions that i am using is attached on this post.

I really appreciate the input though.

s14unimog
10-22-2010, 11:31 AM
boost source... but you can do either as the manifold becomes a boost source once vacuum is gone; obviously....