PDA

View Full Version : Timing And Cas

tiki240
08-19-2003, 02:25 PM
ok ive read how to do it a million times and then some wwho has reset their timing on the SR and how difficult is it? trying to prepare myself...

kidinthehall
08-20-2003, 03:50 PM
i just did this myself last night.....very easy (assuming i didnt fcuk something up)

-pull valve cover

-roll motor to top dead center,and the dots on the cam gears should line up with the darker links on the timing chain (you can pull the #1 plug and watch the piston come to TDC to verify)

-second mark from the left on the crank pulley (O degrees BTDC) should be lined up with the pointer.

-line the smaller dot on the CAS gear up with the indention in the CAS housing and instert it into the head. The gear should turn as it meshes with the gear in the head and cause the larger dot on the CAS gear to line up with the indention in the housing

- get a timing light and set timing to 15 degrees.

-done..........my car fired up right after this, but ive yet to put a timing light on it and set final timing, i just did it by ear last night to get the car running.

tiki240
08-21-2003, 07:36 AM
how do you set 15 deg timing by ear?? what size socket did you use to crank motor?

kidinthehall
08-21-2003, 10:51 AM
i just took an educated guess by the way the motor sounded. when i checked with a timing light last night i was off by about 2 degrees advanced. i think i used a 1 1/16 socket , dont remember exactly