PDA

View Full Version : temperature too cool?

tamdo7114
10-13-2010, 01:16 PM
other day as i was driving to school the studs on my water pump that connects to the fan clutch snaps off. so me and my dad replaced the belt, the fan clutch (it was bent), studs on the waterpump, refilled some coolant. As i was driving the temperature gauge would rise above normal temperature and it would fall back to normal back and forth while i was running the heater at the same time. I found out that i was bleeding the coolant system incorrectly, so i re-bleed the system using the bleed valve and replaced my thermostat and temperature sensor. now the temperature wont even rise. my only mod with coolant is a koyo aluminum radiator. whats going on here? thanks

redline racer510
10-13-2010, 01:32 PM
well on my KA when i had it only went up just above the line above the C. I wouldnt trust the oem guage as they are very inaccurate just to be sure i would get a digital thermometer and after driving the car for say 10-15 mins check the temps and see if they are in accordance to the fsm.

!Zar!
10-13-2010, 01:48 PM
The stock temperature gauge is trash. I wouldn't go by what it says.

zylvia213
10-14-2010, 12:19 AM
^^^ yea you can do that check the temp of the car with some sort of thermometer after running the car for a while. Also Which temp sensor did you change... correct me if im wrong theres a ecu temp sensor and a guage temp sensor which one did you replace. Also your better off just installing a aftermarket temp guage. Good luck