PDA

View Full Version : s13 bushings

s13andy
08-17-2003, 08:44 PM
does anybody know where i kan get some nice new bushings for my baby s13, i want to get the energy suspension polyurethane but i have only seen them for 95 and up. are those the same....do other people make them......please let me know thank you

CrispMofo
08-17-2003, 09:48 PM
you're gonna have to get Whiteline bushings, which is the bomb!
use the search button,
type in keyword>>> whiteline bushings
and find out how and where to buy them from.
be ready to spend over $400 if you're replacing most of your bushings.

rednerd
08-17-2003, 11:07 PM
My opinion on bushings: do them last. On my other cars I haven't noticed too much of a difference putting in poly bushings. Be sure to ask the persion you are buying them from if they squeak or if any special lube is required.

If you badly need bushings, you probably needed ball joints and tie rods as well.

If you just need a couple of bushings, aftermarket poly bushings are usually easier to install than stock rubber.

Jon

CrispMofo
08-18-2003, 12:21 AM
it depends how old ur car is.
most s13's-blown bushings!

rednerd
08-18-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by CrispMofo
it depends how old ur car is.
most s13's-blown bushings!

I do agree. However, if you check out www.pdm-racing.com it is cheaper to replace the entire front control arms with new stock bushings than it is too replace the ball joints and the bushings.

If he has blown out ball joints, tie-rod ends, etc. he is going to be dissapointed with just replacing the bushings.

I'm not trying to preach, it is just a pet peave of mine.

Dousan_PG
08-18-2003, 08:43 AM
rednerd is 100% right. my bushing for my 92 were PERFECTLY OK

now i need new LCA cuz my ball joints are shot. booo

stock bushings..still rockin'!

edit what im sayingi s that not ALL s13 need new bushings, some do, others down. its on a car-by-car basis. ;)