PDA

View Full Version : intake plenum

digitalhero1
10-08-2010, 01:03 AM
hi. i have a question. can a SR20det intake plenum fit on a ka24de? if not, do u no what brand makes intake plenums for KAs?

ChicagoS14
10-08-2010, 01:27 AM
NO NO NO NO ....

DUDE different motor... why even asking?

If you want a performance aftermarket manifold for a KA a few companies make one.

Xcessive Manufacturing
Gato Racing

and I think a couple more.

digitalhero1
10-08-2010, 07:28 PM
oh ok thanx buddy

GunmetalSR
10-08-2010, 07:44 PM
besides how it looks in the engine bay those manifolds are pointless unless u hav some crazy setup...just clean up the emissions components on yours to make it look cleaner and paint it or somethin bc that mani flows more than good enough

itwillboost
10-08-2010, 08:03 PM
besides how it looks in the engine bay those manifolds are pointless unless u hav some crazy setup...just clean up the emissions components on yours to make it look cleaner and paint it or somethin bc that mani flows more than good enough
+1 The xessive is good though, or you can try custom I did that. Once you clean up the stock one it will look a ton better.

florante rea
10-08-2010, 09:13 PM
ams has one too for the ka.

j20accord00
10-08-2010, 10:06 PM
im curious if you want this for your stock ka or is it ka-t?

and I agree, just clean up the emissions stuff on the stocker and your good to go

check out ka-t.org for more info regarding removing the emissions or just search on here

s13silvia123
10-08-2010, 10:14 PM
do the above then port match and polish the inside of the intake runners. i've done a few jobs relating to this like the EVO's gain up to 90 horses just having the intake runners ported and polished. i even cleaned up the inside of my Greddy intake manifold.

damn if i can find the the dyno charts i'll look for it.

GunmetalSR
10-08-2010, 10:18 PM
do the above then port match and polish the inside of the intake runners. i've done a few jobs relating to this like the EVO's gain up to 90 horses just having the intake runners ported and polished. i even cleaned up the inside of my Greddy intake manifold.

damn if i can find the the dyno charts i'll look for it.
90 horses on a turbo car but yea cleaning out all gunk from ur mani and porting and polishing the throttle body and throrrle plate and porting and polishing the runners will help are flow alot better and i can vouch for throttle response on an n/a ka
like i said its way overkill for n/a and for most turbo setups its over kill so stay with ur stock mani

s13silvia123
10-08-2010, 10:43 PM
90 horses on a turbo car but yea cleaning out all gunk from ur mani and porting and polishing the throttle body and throrrle plate and porting and polishing the runners will help are flow alot better and i can vouch for throttle response on an n/a ka
like i said its way overkill for n/a and for most turbo setups its over kill so stay with ur stock mani

true on a NA youre right but depends where you want to go from there. but on a turbo car this is money.

GunmetalSR
10-08-2010, 10:45 PM
true on a NA youre right but depends where you want to go from there. but on a turbo car this is money.
lol i know but its been provin time and time and again that unless ur rockin a gt40 lol it really doesnt hurt to hav a stock ported mani and like a gt35 with a fat mani ur jus asking for pressure drop and a little lag on the low end

redline racer510
10-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Honestly dude you wont be able see much of a difference with an upgraded IM, stick with oem as you will probably have less problems later down the road. Now if you are N/A ITB's are another thing.

jdunkz
10-11-2010, 10:28 PM
So your saying if i take my stock sr20det intake and get it ported i should see a gain in power? or how is this for a currently stock sr?

Matej
10-11-2010, 11:32 PM
The stock manifold is so bulky and annoying to work with. I wish someone would make a cheapo Ebay Greddy-style manifold for the KA. I would buy it even if it does not yield any power gains. As long as it costs under 200$ shipped and comes in polished finish.

pahaf
10-11-2010, 11:33 PM
So your saying if i take my stock sr20det intake and get it ported i should see a gain in power? or how is this for a currently stock sr?
you will gain some power. your air flow is going to be better.

if u are running a stock SR. you will probably see a little increase, like 5-15 hp. but if u r running lots of boost, you will see more gains.