PDA

View Full Version : weird boost leak

nicks240sxs13
10-04-2010, 05:06 PM
ok, i just installed a brand new s15 turbo and isis turbo manifold. at high rpms like 5k+ is loses power and sputters a bit. i dont think im making 250+whp yet so its probably not the injectors or the mafs. i did a boost leak test and set the compressor to 10 psi. i found one leak in my intercooler pipingconnectors. but im not sure if i did the test right.
i put a cap on the end of the pipe that comes out of the coldside of my intercooler and just took off the coldpipe. i put the cap with the hose hook up thing in the intake between the turbo and the mafs (not sure if that is right).then my greddy type s knock off bov starts to release air...i dont think thats supose to happen. but the weird part was when air started to leak out of the T in the valve cover(where my catch can is hooked up)and air is also coming out of the hose thats supose to be hooked up to the coldpipe and some metal line under the intake manifold(some kind of vaccum thing) and the line that goes from my throttle body to the bov is also releasing air... and im puting air into the system right after the mafs and the nipple that connects to the catch can is before the mafs..... so i dont no how thats happening.- sorry for the dumb questions, i just got out of highschool and this is my first real car.

am i supose to pressurize the fmic system and the compressor side of the turbo?
And if so how is air coming out of the valve cover T?
also is the bov supose to be releasing any air at all when the system is pressurized?

srstan
10-04-2010, 05:10 PM
you are running larger injectors after you put that turbo on right? its about airflow not hp when you upgrade injectors...you could be running lean

nicks240sxs13
10-04-2010, 08:26 PM
no im not running larger injectors yet, i have heard of people running this turbo with stock injectors on stock boost. but i pop flames every now and then when im daily driving my car, and smeel a bit of fuel. so im not sure if thats lean or not. plus there is no white on my spark plugs. could i still be running lean?
and do you know the max hp i can get out of my stock mafs?

nicks240sxs13
10-05-2010, 09:48 AM
any suggestions?