PDA

View Full Version : SR Bluebird In 200SX

bladen
08-16-2003, 12:29 PM
I was just wondering if any of you have seen this setup or know of one i can check out online, my girlfriend wants a 200SX (95-96)
and so i checked SRswap and found a little info on the swap, but i was wondering if any of you have seen it,

and how fast would it be stock do ya think?

Rittmeister
08-16-2003, 02:14 PM
Cruise over to www.sr20deforum.com and check the turbo section. Zillions of people have done this swap into B13 and B14 cars, with great results. It's a direct bolt-in, though I think you have to get JWT do reprogram the ECU.

If you don't want to do a complete swap, you can get a T25 or T28 setup made up of essentially OEM Nissan parts and bolt it on. Many have also gone this route.

As far as how fast, many of these cars run consistent 13s. There's a guy in West Virginia who, with a T28, bored MAF and 370cc injectors just got into the high 12s on slicks. Full interior with roll cage, too.

Hope this helps.

bladen
08-16-2003, 09:19 PM
Thanks, no i need to decide if i should show this to my Girlfriend, she already drives to fast, heh.

Rittmeister
08-16-2003, 09:38 PM
If you're considering a swap, or an SR20 turbo kit, then get a 200SX SE-R to start with. It's got the SR20 motor already (plus having the nice power goodies and cruise control, larger wheels, etc) - this makes the swap to a BB or Avenir DET much easier; all the wiring matches, and you get to use the tranny you already have; the GA16 tranny isn't compatible with SR20 motors. The SE and all other models have the GA16DE 1.6 liter engine; there is a turbo kit out there now for it, but you'll spend a lot more turboing a GA16 than an SR20.