PDA

View Full Version : isr20det fuel problem?

nicks240sxs13
10-02-2010, 12:05 AM
I have an s13 with a sr20det redtop. I got an intake, full 3in exhaust, isis pullies, isis turbo manifold, gt28r(s15) turbo, and a walbro pump and a cxracing intercooler/bov kit.

I just threw the turbo and the manifold on the other day, and today i ran it to about 5.5k-6k rmp. and at about 5.5k rmp it sort of sputters and feels like it loses pull.
i got a line running from the throttle body to the internal wastegate, so it should be running what ever boost that the wastegate is set at. Which i thought the s15 turbo was set for 15lbs, but my "sunpro" gauge says its still running at 7, just like my t25.
i might needed to grab an autometer to make sure that im reading right.

Basicly, im not sure if I need bigger injectors for stock boost with my set up so far, or if i got some sort of boost leak or if im running rich/lean. I have been smelling fuel latly in my car, even before my turbo upgrade, and im not leaking any fuel.
oh, and my greddy type-s knockoff has compressor surge, but the last time i boost leak tested it i remmeber that my bov what leaking air from the vaulve its self. so im not sure if i should losen or tighten the nut on top.

So my question is does the sputtering at high rpm with my foot in it a fuel cut caused from the increase in zir flow from my turbo, or some kind of boost leak?
and how do i fix the compressor surge from my knockoff BOV?

KaminaSan
10-02-2010, 12:33 PM
You can't just hop in the ring with Ali cause you think you can box. (Forgive me)

Let me get this straight. You put on a much bigger turbo... without any tuning... and you expect it to run well?

First off: You need larger injectors.
Second Off: You are probably getting too much fuel pressure on that new pump(get a regulator)
Third off: You need to get an ecu tune/safc to control those new injectors and timing.

Destructodc74
10-03-2010, 02:38 PM
you dont exactly need a tuning source or bigger injectors to run the s15 turbo. i have one on my redtop with stock everything and i have a wideband it works fine. if i were you id get a wideband or borrow one so you can see exactly what your car is doing instead of guessing. and ps stock boost on an s15 is still 7lbs

nicks240sxs13
10-03-2010, 09:31 PM
i remember back a few months ago i did a boost leak test and my knock off bov was letting out air, im not sure, but i think thats not supose to happen.

And i read a big write up on sr20 fourms about the stock injectors and mafs take about 250-260whp. im pretty sure im less than that. all i got is a fmic, intake, full 3in exhaust, isis turbo manifold, pullies, and a gt28r(s15 turbo) running on acuator pressure.

so can a leak be the reason why im running rich at bottem end, and sputtering up high?
i checked my injectors and they are just a little black, so im not sure if im running lean

so maybe i can just get rid of the bov and get a ssqv and check for other leaks?

and im pretty sure the walbro wont hert anything, i've been running that on my sr20 with the old turbo for months.

nicks240sxs13
10-05-2010, 09:47 AM
any suggestions?