PDA

View Full Version : intermitint missfire in the rain wtf

Slikk Logic
09-30-2010, 10:40 PM
yea so i gotta missfire on my ka24de only wen it rains or moist out.new plugs.cap and rotor seem new( jus got the car 2 months ago).i dissasempled the after one of these rainy drives and there dry inside.i cleaned the rotor ground.tested the wires resistance and checked for infomous white cracks.nothing.wtf is this coming from?

modulation
10-01-2010, 04:29 PM
yea so i gotta missfire on my ka24de only wen it rains or moist out.new plugs.cap and rotor seem new( jus got the car 2 months ago).i dissasempled the after one of these rainy drives and there dry inside.i cleaned the rotor ground.tested the wires resistance and checked for infomous white cracks.nothing.wtf is this coming from?

That's a good one..
Hmm, after it rains do you ever find water anywhere?
Maybe it's a engine ground in the back of the engine bay connected to the firewall that gets loose and wet?

Also do you have all your factory weather stripping? any other weird electronics problems?

Slikk Logic
10-01-2010, 08:52 PM
as far as i seen i have the ground to the battery tray and the valve cover..i find them really stupid but i cleaned and tighten them last month wen i had a slow starting problem.
its wierd cuz it only does it lyk every other stop light and it isnt consistant thru the trip just consistant with the weather lol.

negrosx13
10-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Try changing your plug wires...

YouTube - How To Check For Bad Spark Plug Wires (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXAFQa0R9hA) << check it out

guitaraholic
10-01-2010, 10:53 PM
If even a few drops of water get into where your coil packs are it will "F" your spark big time. I would suggest the following first

----Take off your Spark plug cover and remove the coil packs. Dry off EVERYTHING
----Put them back on, and then put the cover back on TIGHTLY and make sure it is completely sealed so no more water can get in. Trust me I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE.

Slikk Logic
10-02-2010, 11:26 PM
umm guitaraholic i have a ka24de no coil packs or covers lol.but! today dry day i have the same wierd on off missfire.mostly 3500rpm or less but wen i floor it it basicly clears up for the most part u dnt notice it then
and negrosx13 i was gonna try that 2mrw lol i havent gotten a chance too. mayb somthing wit plug gapping?

negrosx13
10-02-2010, 11:37 PM
if its still going then,check you plugs and any vacuum leaks

Rabboni
10-02-2010, 11:53 PM
it sounds like your plug wires are leaking. you can do what negros13 suggested, or have fun with it and run your hands along the wires until you get zapped. its like Russian roulette but you dont die.

Norty
10-03-2010, 12:23 AM
sounds like maf is dirty/intermitting signal/dying maf. Clean with maf cleaner, if no diff then try known good maf, check wiring.

Slikk Logic
10-03-2010, 08:28 AM
lol ill try the water today.the plugs are 2 weeks old reg v power 11's.is any thing else that clean mafs that i get for free at work lyk starting fluid? lol

Slikk Logic
10-03-2010, 07:49 PM
so i did the water thing and nothing was found even at night .wats the possibility of a sticking injector?

Slikk Logic
10-04-2010, 10:58 AM
cant figure this out still

Slikk Logic
10-04-2010, 08:31 PM
i see nobody cares -_- but for any searchers i fixed it but cleaning 3 ground cables to the head and removing the dizz and cleaning its ground.as well as reconnecting the fallen fuel reg vacum line :)

benarovi
10-04-2010, 09:00 PM
i kinda had this. my exhaust would vibrate like crazy and it would sound so wierd, was still like running on 4 cylinders thoughh... check for leaks in any vaccum lines and fuel lines idk