PDA

View Full Version : Drifting on the news - video

bwalker240
08-14-2003, 09:52 PM
Well, I finally got this thing digitized. You can check out the video of drifting on the KTLA news at: http://www.calidrifting.com

It is a .wmv file. There is a full (37 MB) and a lite version (8 MB).

This thing was live so any mistakes that were made were caught. Such is life.

radhaz
08-14-2003, 10:34 PM
Nice download, ya think that guy was trying to advertise falken tires? :D

fastpace
08-15-2003, 08:19 AM
the news broadcast was kind of different then what I usually see about cars. This one is positive and promotes it okay. They should of showed better drift footage of what drifting was though. They also should have had a in car view of what was going on so they will get an even better ideal of what was going on.

Dousan_PG
08-15-2003, 08:41 AM
ryan hampton TORE IT UP in that miata!! :boink:

bwalker240
08-15-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by fastpace
the news broadcast was kind of different then what I usually see about cars. This one is positive and promotes it okay. They should of showed better drift footage of what drifting was though. They also should have had a in car view of what was going on so they will get an even better ideal of what was going on.

Yeah, they had a model in the car with in-car-cam on both of us, but she was rather reserved (or scared), so they didn't use it. You could see our faces and my hands - would have been nice.

Aaron - hell yeah he tore it up! That Miata was soooooo tossable. Didn't hurt that it had approx 220 rwhp with a nice turbo kit. I certainly would have tried to do more choku dori into the corners, but I didn't want to **** it up and spin. They had no flagger and we were started pretty close to each other. I certainly thought, more than once, that if I pooch it and spin after the corner, Ryan is going to slam right into me since the corner is blind. Consequently, for the protection of my car, i really tried not to spin (maybe too much).

DMC
08-15-2003, 01:39 PM
that seemed like one of the stupidest news teams ever.... is the 240 owner on this board?

Dousan_PG
08-15-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by DMC
that seemed like one of the stupidest news teams ever.... is the 240 owner on this board?

um..the 240sx owner is the poster..Bwalker240
wooooot! :)

bwalker240
08-15-2003, 02:22 PM
woot! woot!

nokeone
08-15-2003, 02:39 PM
bad ***...:)..lookin good..

arrrgghh...i want another track day..lol..there just arn't enough...:(

DMC
08-15-2003, 04:37 PM
haha well dont i feel dumb good drivin and i love your car

808Supra
08-16-2003, 05:53 AM
why did they show videos of the hawaii guys from 2 years ago with out giving them credit (besides .000003 secs of "360video" on top?? wtf?

were they trying to make like the hawaii guys are in cali??

Sniper-X
08-16-2003, 07:29 AM
You know, I noticed the Hawaii footage too. Weird. But at least drifting in LA is getting POSITIVE coverage by a news team. That's more than I can say for the crappy job KGMB news did for drifting in Hawaii...those backstabbers.

*oh yeah, and I just wanted to show off my new sig.

zombieman
08-16-2003, 11:39 PM
wow! I can't believe KTLA decide to do a coverage on drifting. What suck is that they did during the morning show, they would probably get more viewers if it was done as a special for the news@10.

sonicSX
08-24-2003, 12:37 PM
hey brandon-
you lucky guy.....wish i could have been there.
Much props to you and the teacher.

Casper
SonicSX

bwalker240
08-25-2003, 12:42 AM
thx casper - see you Sunday

Rownan
10-10-2003, 08:46 AM
HAha. Man those reporters were stupid.

Guess I'll have to get myself a set of falkens since it is apparent that drifting is not possible without them! :D

Tim
www.projectaspec.com

Phoen_x_s14
10-14-2003, 11:15 PM
haha oh man..........well atleast they got live coverage of it, instead of showing charts or some other b.s. and it was POSITVE. Most of the time its negative over here in Ga about import racing, unless it has to do with a car show........huy...dam I'm starting to hate show cars....show me import tuning with a purpose!!!! In Georgia I mean. well nice car Brandon, hmm trying to remember, was it Sport Compact Car or Super Street where they did a article on your car? Gotto go check the ol' import magazines again. Keep up the work, best of luck on drifting, REP YOUR CAR TO THE FULLEST AT WHAT IT WAS MADE FOR............RACING!!!!!

holisticbeatz
10-16-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by DMC
that seemed like one of the stupidest news teams ever

That's LA television for ya..

Andrew Bohan
10-25-2003, 01:38 AM
whew! i'm glad i got my falkens! now i can do that new kind of racing!