PDA

View Full Version : Removing Heater, AC, and Intake

anotherblusi
08-13-2003, 11:42 PM
Hey guys I'm prepping my car for a swap right now and had a few questions about removing the heater, AC, and intake... Would it be alright to just remove these units from under the dash and just leave all the connectors hanging? The only real problem I see is that the Coolant lines run into the heater unit. Would there be any ill effects to just using new coolant hose to bypass the heater unit? I figure since I won't be needing AC or heat, I might as well remove all the components and save on some weight. Help me out guys

mrmephistopheles
08-14-2003, 12:50 AM
if you don't require a heater, simply connect the inlet and outlet hoses together. tres simple!

the head
08-14-2003, 09:06 AM
i am using a small hot rod heater but other than that mine is removed as well i just zip tied the extra plugs up out of the way then made some panels to cover all the new holes in the firewall
also if you trunk mount your battery the AC condensation drain makes a perfect grommet for 1/0 ga wire

MarvynDT
08-14-2003, 01:37 PM
How do you remove the refridgerant from the a/c lines, besides from having it professionaly done?

Where's the easiest place to disconnect the hose/plumbing and drain it?

anotherblusi
08-14-2003, 06:53 PM
Cool... yeah I plan on relocating my battery to my trunk... Now im off to remove some dead weight :D

Also I think you have to get it professionally done to remove refrigerent. Unless you want to kill the environment