PDA

View Full Version : RPM Dieing

mistaanime
08-11-2003, 07:04 PM
Kay
I am driving around and I see a stop sign. I slow down for it by pushing the clutch and the brake, slowly stoping the car. I find that my RPM falls all the way down to zero. My foot still on clutch and brake. I start the car again and drive some more. This time I slowly stop for a red light. My foot on clutch and brake again, slowly stoping for the red. My RPM drop down to zero again. The light turns green before I make a full stop. I put it on gear even though my RPM is at zero and the car contiunes to go but roughly.

anyone know wassup wit it?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

mistaanime
08-12-2003, 09:22 AM
Bump..

Dousan_PG
08-12-2003, 09:24 AM
clean your iiav
that will fix it im sure.

chirpnslide
08-12-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by dousan36
clean your iiav
that will fix it im sure.

i have the same problem but i always thought it was my BOV leaking. btw whats 'iiav'

Dousan_PG
08-12-2003, 11:30 AM
it controls air flow when throttle body is closed
it will help if you clean it on SR too
on KADE it is behind intake manifold held in by 4 bolts iirc. easy job to do and works wondesr. mine was BLACK but some carb cleaner fixed that. idles like a champ now.

xkamikazestormx
08-12-2003, 02:29 PM
yea...my car does the same thing. wen i stop for a stop sign or somthing, n wen u clutch it to neutral n brake to slow down, the rpm goes down to zero den sometimes stalls. but wen u downshift to slow down n stop it doesnt do that. is it the same problem or what do u you think is wrong with it? is that a natural thing for the engine to do?

if u guys have an idea of whats wrong will someone plz tell me, if its fixable i would like to fix it..thanks

gdrum
08-12-2003, 02:32 PM
Mine does that same thign to.....I was told it was a HKS controler they make to control the blow off valve from spurging. Anyone confirm this? I have yet to get the controler so I am not sure.

stp9154
08-12-2003, 02:32 PM
I think this is a normal problem for all SR's. For all used SR engines, there is something blocking the air flow and water. The computer senses the lack of one or both, then shut the engine down. Cleaning would help but it won't go away. Normally, i just hit the brake and leave the clutch until i'm well below 2000 rpm. Don't hit the clutch too soon.

mistaanime
08-12-2003, 10:45 PM
wow...sweet.thanx for the info..seems like this stuff is happenin often to many people...but thanx dousan..is get on to that..runs like a champ huh..lets hope so..:D

mistaanime
08-13-2003, 02:32 PM
should I take off the iirc thing and clean it out? or do I juss use the carb cleaner and spray it?